1st Apple tree order

I just got started this year but if I got a do-over, i would have bought far fewer grafted trees and more rootstock. Planted the rootstock and grafted it over the next few years.

That said, grafting requires delayed gratification. The grafted trees I got will hopefully be producing soon enough that my 74 year old father gets to enjoy the rewards of his hard work this year. And I hope he gets apples from the wolf river that I grafted on P.18 this spring but that will many more years down the road.

That said, grafting requires delayed gratification. The grafted trees I got will hopefully be producing soon enough that my 74 year old father gets to enjoy the rewards of his hard work this year. And I hope he gets apples from the wolf river that I grafted on P.18 this spring but that will many more years down the road.
That's why I want to start out with bareroot to hopefully build up some confidence and see some success. One step at a time.

^^Good plan. That's what I was thinking and hopefully I can put a couple from Tree Top in the ground in September.

You guys know of any good fruit tree stores for larger potted trees from MPLS down to Bethany MO? I have not found one yet.

^^Good plan. That's what I was thinking and hopefully I can put a couple from Tree Top in the ground in September.
I have no experience with Tree Top, but a few years ago I found some chestnut crabs with severe root circling from too much time in the pot. These were at a facility in Little Falls that is now under different ownership. I did not buy them.

Riggs, if you buy potted trees, be ready to deal with circling roots. In my soil, I don't plant fruit trees in the fall.

I have a 200 gallon tank on a trailer that I could park next to the trees. I could either have a constant water drip or easily give them a good shot of water twice a week.