2020 Scion Exchange

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Closing in on that time of year again...

Doing a grafting project with my kids home school group this yr. Many of the families live on acreage and are really excited to learn. Just ordered 20 rootstocks. Nothing crazy

Have the following to offer.
APPLES
Liberty
Enterprise
Arkansas Black
Kinnards Choice
Wolf River
Pink Lady
Honey Crisp (for now, no good for MO zone IMHO, have 2 I am whacking and top working)
Redfree
Wickson (few sticks)

PEARS
Senator Clark
Aryes

Looking for
Kerr
King David
dozier crab
gold rush (hope native doesn't see this lol)
Blacktwig
Black limbertwig
Franklin
keener
Yates

Or any other apple you think I may need in my arsenal

As always I appreciate all the scions sent my way over the years. Hope I can pass some along to someone this yr

I would also be interested in Kerr if anyone has some available. It doesn’t look like there are any nurseries left with bare root available on good rootstock for 2020. I have a bunch of apples and pears that I could trade some scion wood off. I can get a list when I get home. Thanks!

I will have a few scion for anyone interested. I will definitely have some

Goldrush
Liberty
Franklin

I will put Jordan down for some Franklin and Goldrush.

I may have a few of the following varieties. They are smaller trees but I think I will have some limited scion from them..

Enterprise
Wickson
Dolgo
Golden Hornet
Chestnut

I have a bunch of Kerr trees coming this year so hopefully I can help out on that in coming years. I have been trying to get a Kerr tree for several years now.

The only scion I would be interested in are

All Winter Hangover or Winter Wildlife crab

Last edited:
I will have a few scion for anyone interested. I will definitely have some

Goldrush
Liberty
Franklin

I will put Jordan down for some Franklin and Goldrush.

I may have a few of the following varieties. They are smaller trees but I think I will have some limited scion from them..

Enterprise
Wickson
Dolgo
Golden Hornet
Chestnut

I have a bunch of Kerr trees coming this year so hopefully I can help out on that in coming years. I have been trying to get a Kerr tree for several years now.

The only scion I would be interested in are

All Winter Hangover or Winter Wildlife crab

Much appreciated! If you could put me down for a stick or two of chestnut crab I would greatly appreciate it. Plz pm me an address at some point so I can send you something for shipping $.

Some of my best deer apple trees are seed grown and some of those put out a lot of suckers that grow roots of their own. When I am out harvesting self-rooted suckers this spring and replanting them, I could set a few aside to mail. No grafting required, though I sometimes do graft onto them because they are sand-hardy rootstock, thriving in sand with less than 1% organic matter. I don't know how they would do on heavier soil though.

I have the following to offer:

Apples
Fuji
Honeycrisp
Snow Fameuse
Gala
Sheep’s Head

Plum
Burbank
Bubble gum

Pear
Bosc

I would like some crab apple varieties

Jordan, I think I have most of those. Send me a PM in Mid February as a reminder. I typically prune end of Feb or early march.

@JB - Kerr - same thing, message me middle feb.

Will do Ed. Thanks!!!

Jordan, I think I have most of those. Send me a PM in Mid February as a reminder. I typically prune end of Feb or early march.

@JB - Kerr - same thing, message me middle feb.

much appreciated Ed!

First of all, let me say thanks guys! (And gals?) For helping me with an addiction that's probably definitely more expensive than doing drugs! Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any firecracker crab and all winter hangover crab scions to spare? I'm gonna try my hand at some grafting this year. I know I'm new here so if I have to wait my turn, I'll be patiently waiting in the corner.

scion.jpg

The above spreadsheet is my first year list of stuff I am looking for. I am a newbie here, so I'm hoping for a little help. I have a 15 year old Haralson that I can get Scion from if anyone is interested.
I feel like a kid going through the D.A.R.E. program, getting scions online is like getting introduced to those gateway drugs. Hopefully in a few years I'll be handing scions out. I also plan to start using GRIN, but I just found out about this stuff.

I am looking for just 2 pear scions, Kieffer or other later drop suitable for 6A/5B. Got what I need!

I have limited quantities of NWC varieties 30-06, Ten Point and Drop Tine to share.
Edit - All my excess scions have been spoken for and sent.

Last edited:
I would like a big bundle of diverse pears if anyone has a good collection. They're for top working Callery pears in Ohio. The first round was a success, and I'm eager to do a bunch more.

I would like a big bundle of diverse pears if anyone has a good collection. They're for top working Callery pears in Ohio. The first round was a success, and I'm eager to do a bunch more.
I can give you all the Bosc you want.

I can give you all the Bosc you want.

Sounds great! There are some bigger trees I would like to frame work. Let me know when you are shipping.

Here is the extra scion I have.
Crow Egg (Northern)
Hooples Antique Gold
Winesap
Hubbardson Nonesuch
Red Royal Limbertwig
Victoria Limbertwig
Ruby Limbertwig
Canadian Strawberry
Black Limbertwig
Black Oxford
Hollow Log
Asking $5 to help cover shipping costs.
I hate to see good scion go to waste. :emoji_smile:

Someone reading this thread sent me a private message about a month ago or so ago saying they wanted some self-rooted root suckers from some of my seed grown crabapple trees once the frost went out here. The message no longer shows up in my inbox, so I am unable to reply. If you still want some, please message me again.

Sounds great! There are some bigger trees I would like to frame work. Let me know when you are shipping.
I’m going to cut the scions this coming week pm me your address.

I would also be interested in Kerr if anyone has some available. It doesn’t look like there are any nurseries left with bare root available on good rootstock for 2020. I have a bunch of apples and pears that I could trade some scion wood off. I can get a list when I get home. Thanks!

I am definitely looking for Kerr

I can offer:
Goldrush
Enterprise
Liberty
Galarina
Shizuka
Chestnut
Hewes
Dolgo
Transcendent
Callaway
Dozier
Droptine
Gray Ghost
30-06
10 Point
Possibly some Whitney
Possibly Arkansas Black

I am looking for just 2 pear scions, Kieffer or other later drop suitable for 6A/5B. Got what I need!

I have limited quantities of NWC varieties 30-06, Ten Point and Drop Tine to share.

I'd be interested in these varieties if you still have available!