2020 Scion Exchange

Does anyone have any extra Asian pear Scion wood

Actually I'd be open to European or hybrids also I'm going to craft over a patch of Callyerana off the farm. Thanks

And if someone has a couple of sticks of Priscilla and or Yates thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been grafting apple trees for years. I have 300 rootstocks to graft in the next few weeks. I have some scionwood, but most of the pruning I have done doesn't equate to the best Scionwood as my orchard is still getting established. I live in northern WI and have my own stool beds. I've been purchasing most of my scionwood online but it gets quite expensive. I'm looking for large quantities of Honeycrisp scionwood as I don't have much available to me at the moment. Is there anyone out there willing to sell any? I'm also interested in the "GRIN". Can someone give me their two cents?

Much appreciated,
Brandon

I think I'll be pruning this weekend and should have a bunch of Honeycrisp scions. I'll let you know.

I'm late to the game. Anybody have Priscilla, Sundance, CrimsonCrisp, SnowSweet and IdaRed.

Apple:
Honeycrisp
Arkansas Black
Macoun
Connell Red
NW Greening
NY Bonkers
Haralson
Keepsake
Red Baron
Liberty
Honey Gold
Fireside
Sweet Sixteen
Pristine
Frostbite

Crab Apples:
Whitney Crab
Chestnut Crab
Centenial Crab

I think I'll be pruning this weekend and should have a bunch of Honeycrisp scions. I'll let you know.
Thank you very much!

Yarg, I pruned an Olympic Korean Giant last week. Today I was in that orchard digging holes and the limbs I had pruned off that tree still looked fresh and green when I scratched the bark. I could cut probably 4 scions off the ends if you want to take a chance on them. I know it's not quite the same as them going straight into the crisper...maybe someone else can weigh in.

I brought the limbs home with me just in case.

I brought the limbs home with me just in case.
I would be happy to give them a try... I am also in a zone 5B... Pear buds seem to look bigger and they should be.

Ok I'll dip the ends and put them in the fridge. Mail em tomorrow if that works for you. It looks like nice scion to me. P.M. me your address.

Does anyone happen to have peach scion wood still available? If not would you be willing to share some budwood? I am looking to try grafting over some native american plums already growing on my place. I am not concerned with variety, as long as it will grow in zone 5.

Recently joined the group... have pretty well exhausted my supply of scions, and will watch for next year to post what I've got to trade, etc., but wanted to mention one in particular - a round, russeted golfball-to-tennis ball size pear I found in Tallapoosa Co., AL about 10 years ago... on Jan 1 it was still loaded with fruits, and the ground underneath was carpeted with pears that had dropped. My oldest graft of it here still had some pears hanging on March 1 this year! I can make scionwood available for the 2021 season, if anyone is interested in it. I've been grafting it onto callery understock and planting it at all of my food plots.

Does anyone happen to have peach scion wood still available? If not would you be willing to share some budwood? I am looking to try grafting over some native american plums already growing on my place. I am not concerned with variety, as long as it will grow in zone 5.
I can give you a couple dozen Red Haven scions. The tree is extremely vigorous, kicking out 6 foot water sprouts each year. I'm on the 4B/5A border and it has no trouble surviving, but has produced no fruit the last 2 years even with lots of fruit buds. But we did hit -30+ both winter's. Hoping for fruit this year as we didn't get near as cold.

If you want them, PM me your name and address.

I just ordered some rootstock. Does anyone have the red-fleshed apple varieties they can share?

I just ordered some rootstock. Does anyone have the red-fleshed apple varieties they can share?

Remind after the first of the year if you need some for 2021. I have three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can give you a couple dozen Red Haven scions. The tree is extremely vigorous, kicking out 6 foot water sprouts each year. I'm on the 4B/5A border and it has no trouble surviving, but has produced no fruit the last 2 years even with lots of fruit buds. But we did hit -30+ both winter's. Hoping for fruit this year as we didn't get near as cold.

If you want them, PM me your name and address.
Any way I could steal a few of those peach scions from you as well??

I am really late to the game. I am new to grafting. I started my apple adventure by planting crabapples, then I started converting some of them to disease resistant apple varieties via T-budding. Now the trees are too big for that method and I have the cider bug. I do have some crabapples that I would like to convert to other apple varieties via traditional grafting measures. But my timing appears to be off. Any chance anyone has any unused scions...looking for

Golden Russet
Harrison
Baldwin
Zestar
SnowSweet
Enterprise

I will definitely keep this exchange in mind for next year, but thought it was worth a chance. I did score some Cortland scions from someone on the other forum.

I'm late to the game. Anybody have Priscilla, Sundance, CrimsonCrisp, SnowSweet and IdaRed.

Apple:
Honeycrisp
Arkansas Black
Macoun
Connell Red
NW Greening
NY Bonkers
Haralson
Keepsake
Red Baron
Liberty
Honey Gold