Callaway
Dozier
Droptine
Gray Ghost
30-06
10 Point
Possibly some Whitney
Possibly Arkansas Black

I appreciate all the requests, I just had someone clean me out of Scionwood. Still no luck finding Kerr.
Message me in December to see what I will have available and to make sure that I can accommodate.

I am trimming this weekend. Does anyone else want any scions? If anyone is close enough to me, you can come get as many plum trees 2 years old as you wish. All are between 9’ and 12’. Varieties are Burbank and Bubblegum.

I am trimming this weekend. Does anyone else want any scions? If anyone is close enough to me, you can come get as many plum trees 2 years old as you wish. All are between 9’ and 12’. Varieties are Burbank and Bubblegum.
I'm assuming you mean 2 year old, 9-12" pear trees??? If so, would you be willing to ship some???

I'm assuming you mean 2 year old, 9-12" pear trees??? If so, would you be willing to ship some???
I don’t have any seedling grafted pear. My pear are all 5 years old.

The post above was for actual plum trees that are much taller than I am. I would ship them but you would need a box truck to move them Since they are bigger and taller than any commercial trees at the box stores.

I don’t have any seedling grafted pear. My pear are all 5 years old.

The post above was for actual plum trees that are much taller than I am. I would ship them but you would need a box truck to move them Since they are bigger and taller than any commercial trees at the box stores.
Sorry I meant plum. Those are big trees for 2 year olds!

I am scheduled to prune my trees on Sunday so those of you who have messaged me requesting a few scions, I will do my best to fill your request. Stay tuned.

I am scheduled to prune my trees on Sunday so those of you who have messaged me requesting a few scions, I will do my best to fill your request. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought some land last year that has many crabapples that produce tiny fruit that I would like to change over to late ripening, disease resistant apples. if anyone has any scionwood available please let me know. Would also be interested in Asian pears to graft onto a few callery pear trees. Thanks.

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to this forum, and found it through searching for crab apple varieties. I think I'll stick around!

It's a shame that most commercial scion sources don't offer a wide selection crab varieties, and so was hoping to either buy or trade for some crab apple scions that I'm having a hard time locating:

Crab apple scions desired:
Centennial
Waubay
Shafer
Trailman
Centurion
Bastion's Orange Flesh
South Dakota Crabs: Eda, Bison, Winter, Keo

I'm happy to pay for these, but if you're interested I also have scion wood from my small orchard to trade.

crab scions available to trade:

GMAL 2339 (high sugar, yellow edible crab) from GRIN and don't need both sticks so I'm willing to send the other stick over to someone else who'd put it to good use!

scions available from my own trees:

Ashmead's Kernel
Black Oxford
Goldrush
Grimes Golden
Pomme Gris
Wickson
Pixie Crunch (Co-op 33 and resistant to scab)
Holstein
Liberty
Ribston Pippin

Thanks for reading, and I'm happy to have found this forum,
Adam
Portland, OR
Zone 8

I'd like late pears.

I have columnar apples, regular apples below and a few pear varieties to offer

• Co-op 11
  • Co-op 17
  • Co-op 28
  • Co-op 34
  • Co-op 36
  • Co-op 37
  • Dabinett - PI 589073
  • Elise Rathke crab - PI 588886
  • Enterprise (Co-op 30)
  • Florina Querina
  • Freedom
  • Galarina
  • Goldrush (Co-op 38)
  • Kandil Sinap - PI 613948
  • Lady Ilgen crab - PI 215796
  • Liberty
  • Nova Easygro
  • NovaSpy
  • KAZ 96 03-09 M. sieversii - PI 613986
  • PRI 1918-1 - scab resistant - PI 589777
  • PRI 77-1 Crab - scab resistant - PI 589786
  • PRI F2 - scab resistant - PI 589830
  • Pristine (Co-op 32)
  • Puget Spice WSU AxP Crab - scab resistant
  • Williams Pride (Co-op 23)
Pear scions available
  • Shenandoah
  • Potomac
  • Harvest Queen

Does anyone know where I could find some Golden Hornet crab scions or even bare root if necessary? On here or online would be fine too. Wanted to give it a try in my woods plot on the edge and see if it'll fruit.

View attachment 27758

The above spreadsheet is my first year list of stuff I am looking for. I am a newbie here, so I'm hoping for a little help. I have a 15 year old Haralson that I can get Scion from if anyone is interested.
I feel like a kid going through the D.A.R.E. program, getting scions online is like getting introduced to those gateway drugs. Hopefully in a few years I'll be handing scions out. I also plan to start using GRIN, but I just found out about this stuff.

Check your messages.

Does anyone still have some Kieffer Scion Available? Or any other late dropping disease resistant desirable pear or apple Scion suitable for zone 5? I had planned to graft with a few local apple and pear trees, but after attempting to collect scion wood from them I found out there is not much new growth on any of the trees and I have 75 apple rootstock and 40 pear rootstock showing up next week. I know I could plant them and graft next year, but I would prefer to do it now. I will gladly pay for these. Thanks!

If anyone wants anything off my list, let me know ASAP. I'm doing my final pruning this weekend. Buds like good last weekend. Hopefully still dormant this weekend after warm week.

Last edited:
Here's a table of ripening and disease resistance for the PRI Coop varieties and a few others. I have a few of these available on my list.1577462329907.png

If anyone has any empire, Sweet Sixteen, & Sundance I'd really appreciate it. I know, late to the game...

With everything going on right now, has anyone heard of any concerns with being able to ship rootstock from out west? Between GRIN & some excellent folks on here, I am excited for grafting season, I would be really disappointed if the rootstock didn’t show up.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been grafting apple trees for years. I have 300 rootstocks to graft in the next few weeks. I have some scionwood, but most of the pruning I have done doesn't equate to the best Scionwood as my orchard is still getting established. I live in northern WI and have my own stool beds. I've been purchasing most of my scionwood online but it gets quite expensive. I'm looking for large quantities of Honeycrisp scionwood as I don't have much available to me at the moment. Is there anyone out there willing to sell any? I'm also interested in the "GRIN". Can someone give me their two cents?

Much appreciated,
Brandon

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been grafting apple trees for years. I have 300 rootstocks to graft in the next few weeks. I have some scionwood, but most of the pruning I have done doesn't equate to the best Scionwood as my orchard is still getting established. I live in northern WI and have my own stool beds. I've been purchasing most of my scionwood online but it gets quite expensive. I'm looking for large quantities of Honeycrisp scionwood as I don't have much available to me at the moment. Is there anyone out there willing to sell any? I'm also interested in the "GRIN". Can someone give me their two cents?

Much appreciated,
Brandon

Welcome! My scion has been shared with people and I just have what I hope to use.

I do not have any HC trees, but am more into crabs.

What varieties of apples do you grow now?

I currently have the following:
Macoun
Sweet 16
State Fair
Honeycrisp
Wolf River
Zestar
Frostbite
Cortland
Snowsweet
Indian Summer (crab)