Live from the stand thread

Got a decision to make. They are moving the hay bales out of the property south of me. The deer pass through this property going from a bedding area to my place. Don’t know how it will affect the movement, but it is the rut.

Got a decision to make. They are moving the hay bales out of the property south of me. The deer pass through this property going from a bedding area to my place. Don’t know how it will affect the movement, but it is the rut.
They (the ranchers) may not be in the field for a few days if you get rain tonight...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They (the ranchers) may not be in the field for a few days if you get rain tonight...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
They worked late last night. They will be on my side of the creek getting the bales out this afternoon. I don’t know if I should hunt this afternoon or just wait till tomorrow. Buddy had video of a nice buck running ragged yesterday near Cottonwood Falls.

Just got done with my audit test. Front is here hours earlier so I am in my turnip stand. A week ago I put some persimmon crush out to try and attract some does. Its sunny, 60 with a light east breeze. Supposed to come around to NE as the afternoon goes on. Lets see what happens.

This wind keeps messing around. Sw on second, east another. Very light. Havent seen anything yet

Nne wind now. Perfect. Heard some leaves crunching with my limited hearing. Ended up being a squirrel but got my heart racing. Ive tried rattling with no response.15730787481228389542702734238609.jpg

Never saw a deer.

The 3" of snow ended about 11 this morning here. Got to my stand at 3:00 and there were 2 sets of tracks past my stand. Ended up seeing 8 deer in the last half hour, most ever for me on public land. Only one may have been a buck, it was trailing a group of 4 does and I could only see the bottom half of the body and legs. It did not respond to my grunt call. Only one that was close enough to be in shooting range was a fawn at last light.

Also, saw a fisher for the first time.

9 degrees this morning. Only saw a small doe at last light yesterday. Hopefully her grandma with the long nose comes around. Buddy saw a good buck on the walk in yesterday and a spike later.

Wind was supposed to be N. Got on stand and it was NW and that makes a difference in some places. Fork horn busted me early and I bailed!!!

Slow morning for me ... but at least iam nice and toasty in my heater body suit. I also slap two toe warmers,by my kidneys.almost to warm ( need to be put in out layer of clothing )

Im in my stand right now. Watching the guy hunting across the road get dressed for the last 30 min. The way these deer will approach me they cant see his truck.
15732465137764064794651997619457.jpg

Im in my stand right now. Watching the guy hunting across the road get dressed for the last 30 min. The way these deer will approach me they cant see his truck.
View attachment 27029

30 minutes?

Maybe he’s getting some action :)

Back in favorite haunt. But I’m confused. I thought a south wind was supposed to be warm :emoji_thinking:

Back in favorite haunt. But I’m confused. I thought a south wind was supposed to be warm :emoji_thinking:

Not when it’s in the 40s in LA... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk