Live from the stand thread

Not nearly as chilly this morning. I had a small buck come by late yesterday evening. Maybe his ol grandpa will come by today.
2c5e63e97d3439982e04b2c8899c5706.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Congrats! Great buck!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Congratulations Merle,
Nice one!

Thanks all! He isn't the biggest, but we've been passing bucks for several years now waiting on an exceptional buck.
It may happen yet now that Chuck and I have broke the ice this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Wind is definitely NE. Ill be walking in shortly to sit for the rest of the day. Just got done sharpening broadheads to replenish my supply.

Wind is definitely NE. Ill be walking in shortly to sit for the rest of the day. Just got done sharpening broadheads to replenish my supply.
Good luck! We are still southwest wind, but it's very slight... almost calm.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So I walked by the root cellar and noticed a groundhog???

Being the astute hunter I am I quickly fetched my pistol and shot him....he didn’t budge. So I poked him with a stick and he’s frozen stiff like a block of ice. Guess he came out to soon and I’m down a perfectly good bullet. :)

0C4CFE00-5CEC-426A-8177-F270CF1A59C0.jpeg

Slow so far. Temp is 66 with an ene wind at 10-15. Beautiful day and the wind is perfect for this stand.

Most all the snow is gone but it's spitting rain/snow and it's about 35. Never had apples hang on this late on this tree.
c32da761ca07556ca671d4b7f92c350a.jpg
d7ca98a6972bbe5682e3d7aca9aef7aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7 does and fawns, at dark a buck came running in and scattered everyone no idea what he was, too dark.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Only saw the one deer

Twice this year I've let does pass because they've had fawns with them (past spots but still small). Both times the doe went on to snort and raise a ruckus. First time saw me and last night flipped out over seeing a doe decoy. Can somebody remind me how big fawns need to be before they can survive on their own? I'm feeling less generous.......