Live from the stand thread

Dead here. Saw a doe and a fawn. Real quiet.

Dead here. Saw a doe and a fawn. Real quiet.
Northern Illinois sure sounds different than central New Hampshire. Or I suck at hunting. Or both. Probably both.
When I see a doe and a fawn I'm amped.

It was all small bucks. All I have on camera is small bucks. I am certain this doe is the one I passed last time I hunted this stand. This time she offered a much better shot. 2 blade rage did its job but left a meager blood trail. My brother thinks I am an idiot for killing a doe during the rut, but frankly Id burn my either deer tag on another doe if the opportunity presented itself.

We've always had a (bad?) habit of killing does during rut or whenever offered. Can't deny a man his deer chops.

Frosty start to a beautiful day in Clay Co. Chuck has already text me he had does under his stand so I'm hoping they're moving today.
428e7d349f7ee2a3aa8fc8a161b71a38.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

We've always had a (bad?) habit of killing does during rut or whenever offered. Can't deny a man his deer chops.
Can't feed antlers to your family.

One of the 4 bucks that came through this morning. It's been a fun weekend of hunting so far. Lots of deer running around acting stupid!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

After getting back from Alberta and taking that big buck this week, thought i would not go out on my home farm today. Well I should never have glassed the west field this morning at 6 am. There were 9 does feeding and one really nice 10 pt working them for about 20 minutes ... this afternoon I may not get as much work done as I thought .. :emoji_grimacing:

So I did a little recon today. A big scrape/rub line has popped up on the SSE corner that goes straight north through the turnips. Just ne of my stand is a scrape that is the size of a pickup bed. Predicted NE wind tomorrow afternoon. Think they will be back in there so quick after I walked through a little bit ago?

Rut is in full swing.

So I did a little recon today. A big scrape/rub line has popped up on the SSE corner that goes straight north through the turnips. Just ne of my stand is a scrape that is the size of a pickup bed. Predicted NE wind tomorrow afternoon. Think they will be back in there so quick after I walked through a little bit ago?

Rut is in full swing.
This time of year I wouldn't hesitate to hunt fresh sign no matter how much I had stomped around in the area. I checked my wind app though and it doesn't have north winds scheduled until will after dark tomorrow. I hope it's wrong (wish north winds were moving in tonight!)...

This time of year I wouldn't hesitate to hunt fresh sign no matter how much I had stomped around in the area. I checked my wind app though and it doesn't have north winds scheduled until will after dark tomorrow. I hope it's wrong (wish north winds were moving in tonight!)...
Supposed to start here around 8 am. If it were a few hours earlier I would be sitting on a main lake point trying to fool ducks

I just heard a grunt.

No wait..........that’s my stomach, should have packed a snack.

I just heard a grunt.

No wait..........that’s my stomach, should have packed a snack.
We bailed for lunch and to listen to the hog game. Should have packed a lunch.

Chuck just had two otters walk past him on top of the ridge.
215ff5bcead10975d00a193914399aa0.jpg

I had an otter by my stand this summer! The thing was huge! I spooked it and it ran off into the woods. So weird. I thought they were water animals.

Chuck just had two otters walk past him on top of the ridge.
215ff5bcead10975d00a193914399aa0.jpg

I had an otter by my stand this summer! The thing was huge! I spooked it and it ran off into the woods. So weird. I thought they were water animals.
Chuck said they spotted him in the stand pretty quick too.
We have a 4 acre pond not very far from his stand so I'm sure they're well fed on my fish.

Chuck said they spotted him in the stand pretty quick too.
We have a 4 acre pond not very far from his stand so I'm sure they're well fed on my fish.

You probably don’t have any fish left. :emoji_astonished:

I’d get after them...