Live from the stand thread

One small buck but freezing rain and sleet drove me from the stand about 635. I was freezing.

Pretty cold and my new fleecebibs wont be here for 2 more days. Sitting here in the tree with the best I have on freezing.

Interested to see how you like the bibs. I’m trying out the wooltimate jacket&pants with windshear this season for cold sits. Thinking about getting some good bibs too.

Rainy today

Attachments

• 2B363C6C-B4C3-435E-BE72-1B5FC2220E68.jpeg
    2B363C6C-B4C3-435E-BE72-1B5FC2220E68.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 31
Interested to see how you like the bibs. I’m trying out the wooltimate jacket&pants with windshear this season for cold sits. Thinking about getting some good bibs too.
Ive got the wooltimate pullover. While it feels heavy its not as warm as I figured.

Sat out in the rain this evening. Saw nothing, heard nothing. But it was a good hike up the mountain, and I took two new hunters out, so it was a good day.

Thumbs up to Frazier ridge fleece bibs from Midway USA.
Saw two deer tonight. This little guy came as close as 11 yards. Bigger deer stayed in the brush and took a weird route which led to him winding me just before dark.
20191030_181915.jpg

Well I saw deer in 3 different fields yesterday around noon, so figure I would sit for a couple hours to see if something moves thru today. Of course it snowed overnight so will probably change everything. I see no tracks on the trails I'm sitting over. Can't upload a pic with 3G service in the woods.

Nothing came through. Will feed the animals, grab a snack, and head back out.
20191031_120350.jpg

Late report as I now have cell service. Shot my Halloween buck yesterday at 2:45 about a minute after sitting down. Saw my first chasing of the season yesterday morning. 189A4208-A89B-4EE3-9AC7-5E07EC02078B.jpeg

Congrats!

Nice buck Peeps, congrats. A minute after sitting down? Don't think you are going to get by without giving a story.

Congrats peeps!

Late report as I now have cell service. Shot my Halloween buck yesterday at 2:45 about a minute after sitting down. Saw my first chasing of the season yesterday morning. View attachment 26901
Nice buck Peeps, congrats. A minute after sitting down? Don't think you are going to get by without giving a story.

Just was in the right place at the right time. I climbed the tree, situated the too much crap that I bring along on hanging hooks, sat down with my bow on my lap and literally about 30 seconds later I here this guy coming and then drill him. Heard him crash, sit back and think did that really just happen. He only went maybe 60 yards.

That's a great story and a great deer. Congrats.

I am headed out shortly. Ive got something wrong with my ear and I am deaf in my left ear due to fluid so a little more challenging. A friend's son kill a giant 3 miles from me last night. Ill be hunting this morning and again this evening.