Wisconsin 9 day gun season...

I can already see it: DNR press release, corn and fog to blame for low harvest numbers.

A couple more doe here.

Not a lot of shooting now. Local tavern makes some good chili so hopefully hunters leaving and coming back will bring some action.

Hunting in Sauk county. Was able to harvest a doe this morning at 7:45. Only deer I saw. Very very quiet around here. My cousin counted 32 shots as of 11:30. Normally we are in the hundreds after an hour or two. The drizzle and fog played a huge role here.

Hunting in Sauk county. Was able to harvest a doe this morning at 7:45. Only deer I saw. Very very quiet around here. My cousin counted 32 shots as of 11:30. Normally we are in the hundreds after an hour or two. The drizzle and fog played a huge role here.

What?.....no corn and high winds? ;)

I did not see a single deer during my morning sit from 530 until 10. Heard a fair amount of shots the first few hours. Kicked up some does on my way in for lunch. After lunch I saw 5 doe at 130 that came from our neighbors. A single doe at 2 and one big shooter 10 at 330. The big guy offered no shot and was walking at a steady clip. Tons of corn in our neck of the woods. 80 acres adjacent to us was all up and tons more in the area. I thought the conditions were good but it was a slow day by us.

Zip for me all day long.

image.jpg All day sit and saw 33. The wife saw 50.

Passed this one up multiple times. Must of thought he was pretty safe as he was around me most of the day.

Last edited:
View attachment 3023 All day sit and saw 33. The wife saw 50.

Passed this one up multiple times. Must of thought he was pretty safe as he was around me most of the day.
What a difference the interstate makes over here. Only one doe seen between three guys in our camp. Your a better man than me passing that buck :).

If you want to shoot Giants you have to pass bucks like that. My cousin shot one like that :(. Lots of shooting, lots of does and small bucks at the registration:(.
I'm In no hurry this morning that fog is brutal right now, and looks to be well into daylight.

I saw zip on the public land I was on but it did help that I ran into two new guys to the area that blew the buck I was after out of the bedding area. I snuck into my home farm and saw one yearling doe, not one deer was shot by anyone on our WMA consisting of 2,000 acres and maybe a couple by the other surrounding 1,000 acres. At my 30 acre piece my daughter saw 13 and the only buck was a spike she had no interest in shooting. Looking at the glass half full I would say we'll see a nice crop of bucks for next year.

We got two Now, first buck 11 year old around 120" which is real good

What a difference the interstate makes over here. Only one doe seen between three guys in our camp. Your a better man than me passing that buck :).

Yes, vastly different, in my opinion, from one side of the interstate to the other in Juneau County. So close in some regards yet so far away in others.

Seen a handful this morning and very few shots. Missing the snow.

If you want to shoot Giants you have to pass bucks like that. My cousin shot one like that :(. Lots of shooting, lots of does and small bucks at the registration:(.
I'm In no hurry this morning that fog is brutal right now, and looks to be well into daylight.
I'd have to see one like before I can pass one like that.

Zero deer seen this weekend. Sitting until the rain pushes me out. No fancy shooting house here.

I was lucky enough to harvest this 3.5 year old we called Garth. He was a buck we wanted out of the herd cause he has no tine length. He came out at 3.45 following 2 1.5 year old bucks. They were heading to our corn field and he showed no sign of rutting activity. Shot him at 50 yards and he ran 30 yards. Couldn't be happier!

^^^^ Congrats on the buck!

Congrats Gunther.

Hunted the last two days minus an hour lunch and still haven't seen a deer.

Congrats Gunther

All day sit on Saturday, passed on 9 bucks and saw 17 does. Warm weather, fog, and rain have not helped conditions. Sunday am we had 1 decent 10 down. Today high winds and then snow. Temps should start to drop on Tuesday.

Had to help my in-law move yesterday morning so the afternoon it was time to take my 11yr old out. Just before last light a nice doe and two fawns came out and he took the doe.