Wisconsin 9 day gun season...

Good luck everyone and most importantly be safe.

I am looking forward to steeling a bruiser from the cheese state and bring it back to MN.

A lot of that along 32nd is mature red pine plantation whip. Once you get back in there aways, then it becomes more typical Juneau Cty. forest (black oak/jack pine/sweet fern/etc.)

That parcel was part of a larger parcel as I recall (think there's another 100ish acres to the east that used to be a single parcel). Some of the family wanted to keep the whole thing, and some wanted to sell (death of parents as I recall). I think they compromised and sold off some to pay off those who wanted the $$$...but I could be wrong. At any rate, I'd be prepared to deal with the new owner as well as the family that has hunted there for decades ;)

On that piece of ground on the corner of 32nd and 8th, if you got back into the SE corner...you'd be very near where I recovered the largest buck I ever shot on the old place. That was around '09 I think. At that time it was thick, thick, thick...berry brambles, pines, brush....nasty. But full of deer..at least back then it was. The guys who hunt the parcel south of there are relatively "new" (mid 2000's maybe)and appeared to be big buck only hunters.
Yeah, that area was all originally owned by either WRPCo. or Nekoosa Paper. When Nekoosa Paper was bought out by a Swedish(I think) paper company, they sold all of it off in Juneau and Adams Co's. It was then bought by Plum Creek Timberlands, now they have sold many of their holdings, in the southern part of the state at least, to a different timber company.

You may be right about that land across from your parents, it may have landowners hunting in there at least for the opener. You are probably right about the way it was sold off, I see the 2 eastern most parcels(MFL Open and MFL Closed) are now in some kind of "trust".

I have been on that section of ground on 32nd and 8th years back while grouse hunting, and I do remember it much as you describe. I think we maybe have even done a drive on that piece about 6 or 7 years back. We drove it east to west as I recall, because their were a few more open areas for standers to get open shots on the west end.

Pretty excited, my parents should be here from WY within the next half hour! They are spending the night because they both scheduled Dr.'s appointments with there old doctors for tomorrow morning and their RV rental starts tomorrow also. Haven't seen them since July!

I may be biased but it might be the best gun stand in the county.
With seven all day sits and all those deer at what day do you consider shooting?

I may be biased but it might be the best gun stand in the county.

That's the attitude ... true believers are always rewarded ... good luck ... :)

There are plenty of fat chicks in the NW territory along Wis/Minn border ... good luck ... :eek:

LOL!

Gladly trade for another Packer butt whippin on the Viqueens
Deal, you can have the victory on Sunday if I can drop a buck on Saturday.

You're a good beer guy....while you're there see if you can find Satisfaction Jacksin from Ale Asylum (they don't sell in MN)...mmmmm....Autumnal Fire from Capitol Brewing has probably reached the end of the season, but if you can find a 6er give it a shot. I doubt if the Blonde Dopplebock from Capitol is out yet (it maybe), but if it is...that's a good one too ;)
I will take a look. I have had capital brewing but never ale asylum. Spotted cow is a regular when fishing across the boarder. I am working on a Bad Axe from big wood right now.

Scheduled to work until 3pm tomorrow before shooting up north to deer camp. But after 16 hours today I will NOT be working tomorrow. Should be in camp before dark! Good luck to all.

Forecast is calling for freezing rain overnight. Be careful driving and getting up into those treestands in the dark. Outside thermometer shows it was -8 here last night yet its going to rain Sunday.

Spirits were pretty low at the shed tonight. I peeled potatoes for 2 hours, had a greasy meal and 2 beers, and booked. Lots of beer flowing so there is always entertainment.
2000 acres, only one buck over 140". The neighbor wounded a typical 90"er. 2 wolf pictures, but one was trapped.
Quality hunting is dropping, we can only marvel over the Giants we used to kill during the earn a buck years.

4 bucks chasin a hot doe

Good Luck NF, maybe a toad is watching and waiting for the 4 kids to wear them selves out!

It's 10 am about a dozen shots heard so far. 2 were fairly close. I've seen tree rats so far.

Usual number of shots here. Seen 15 so far.

It's 10 am about a dozen shots heard so far. 2 were fairly close. I've seen tree rats so far.
Nearly identical here