Wisconsin 9 day gun season...

Spending my time on the bow stand while I can still use my gun tag through muzzy season. The pressure on this farm and the neighbors has the deer numbers very low but I found one pocket where they are getting around everyone else, hopefully before dark.

We added another decent buck harvest this week ... 12 points, maybe 13, 18.5" wide, and 213 lbs field dressed ...

Buck 12 pt NF 20141125.jpg

Nice buck tree. With that heavy rack you can tell he has some age. These damn winters reAlly make an impact on the antlers. I bet ole man winter steals 20" off a deer like that.
The way it looks 2015 won't be much different.

The story is this was killed on public land in Jackson County

If that is true, what a great public land success story!

Either way, great buck ...

Heck i have 600 acres of standing corn on my wire which the taxpayer will pay 80% not to harvest deer will be so fat by spring they will need insulin
Kinda funny NoFo, considering I found out on the day before the opener that I was diabetic.:mad:

Record low 3 shooting incidents. No deer drive related incidents, 1 tree stand related incident. When will people learn not to raise or lower their gun to their stand while loaded.

Last year there was 2 similar tree stand accidents and 2 deer drive accidents, 1 conceal carry accident, 2 involved dropping firearms, & 2 non -deer drive shooting related incidents.

Last edited:
That sucks ass...sorry to hear it whip
Yeah, but I was predisposed by grandparents and parents all having it, it was just a matter of time. I started changing my diet before I even saw the doctor. I'm ready to kick it's a$$ if I can, Doc put me on meds right away and I have a couple more appts in the coming weeks to see where I am really at with this thing. I need to get a piece of land to work on so I will be motivated to get out and do some real work, sitting at a desk for the last 3 years and pretty much only walking the dog every day has only helped it to come on faster than it should have, but enough about that.

I haven't reported on our gun season yet, just because I need to get pictures off the old phone I have and upload them. I will say that my newbie hunter is hooked for life,;):D and the season was ok other than a few non-hunting related "setbacks".:mad: I will get some pics uploaded and some comments posted on our season in the next few days.

Nice buck tree. With that heavy rack you can tell he has some age. These damn winters reAlly make an impact on the antlers. I bet ole man winter steals 20" off a deer like that.
The way it looks 2015 won't be much different.

Dipper ... Thanks! Was very happy, but I was wondering about the growth aspect .

What are your thoughts and why?

Last year was the same thing, heavier looking beams and short tines. I have been seeing a good amount of 4.5 year olds only going 100". It is what it is, nothing you can do is try to keep the deer as healthy as possible.
Hopefully it warms up and those bucks can get healthier before winter really strikes.

Last year was the same thing, heavier looking beams and short tines. I have been seeing a good amount of 4.5 year olds only going 100". It is what it is, nothing you can do is try to keep the deer as healthy as possible.

Do you feel the hard winter and late spring green up had an impact?