Winter reading material

Corey Peterson

5 year old buck +
Looking for recommendations on a cider making book (I plan to make sweet and hard), and any other app!e related material that you've enjoyed.

I've enjoyed the holistic orchard by Michael Phillips, and Tom Burfords apples of north America

If aerospacefarmer gets off the beach long enough, he should be able to make some suggestions!

-John

This post from the other site might provide some reading to get you through until Aero returns: https://www.qdma.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42789
I just read the Craft Cider Book by Jeff Smith called How to Turn Apples into Alcohol Easy reading and not too details but good book. I got my best info off net from some of the home brew supply guys. I have a few other books at home but they are way too deep and go into a lot of high volume production

The first book I would recommend purchasing is The New Cider Maker's Handbook by Claude Jolicoeur, followed by Craft Cider Making by Andrew Lea, Cider Hard & Sweet by Ben Watson, and Cider - Making, Using & Enjoying Sweet & Hard Cider by Annie Proulx and Lew Nichols. I have a few other books but those are the better ones. I recently ordered additional books from the Cider Museum in the UK but I haven't received those yet. As Aero mentioned there is a lot of info available on the home brew forums. Happy reading :cool:!