All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WI DNR CDAC Governance of Operations public input period...

wiscwhip

5 year old buck +
Posting this for the WI guys to get their opinions heard on the "rules of operation" for the CDAC committees. Public comment period is open for 21 days, then this will be reviewed along with the input from the public and then voted on to become the permanent "guidelines" by which the CDAC stakeholder teams are operated under.

Also posted this for any guys from other states, so they can see exactly how this public input thing works here in WI. Feel free to comment or ask questions and I will dig up whatever additional info I can find.

http://dnr.wi.gov/news/input/documents/guidance/CDACGovernance.pdf

I've read through them but don't really have any comments in mind to send. I blasted out several emails and phone calls last year during and after the goal setting process.

I would tend to agree bueller, pretty cut and dry and they have addressed a few "shortcomings" in the new draft of the document, such as the members attendance(or lack thereof) getting them booted off the committee and not allowing anyone with a violation to serve on the committee. The only thing I can really come up with as far as a suggestion/comment/gripe, is why do the hunters get the short end of the stick on the voting? Only 3 out of the 7 voting members need to have been licensed hunters, whereas 4 of the 7 needn't have any hunting ties or experience at all and they are not required to know anything about herd dynamics or how hunting affects those types of issues, so it makes me wonder how well they understand the data metrics that they are told to use to come up with their decisions? I'm not saying anyone serving needs to be an avid hunter or some kind of expert, but if you end up with 4 dolts on the committee, it could affect the quota numbers and those involved would be clueless as to what or why they voted the way they did.