Who's working in the woods this weekend?

Where did you see that?

Not mentioned on website

bill
I had an email from them. You had to phone in the order. Looks like it is done now.Screenshot_20190502-102456_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Inoculating tonight. Planting Sunday. Gonna try a home made custom mix just for fun.

Planting more buffaloberry

Clover never looked better! I couldn't tell you how many different varieties of clover are in this 3 acre field! Every March I buy a couple lbs of whatever sounds cool and lightly overseed. Nothing prettier than a plush clover field in my opinion!

Flood water wrecking my trees. Ill be attempting to mow what isnt under water.
20190508_135406.jpg20190508_135015.jpg

I was in the woods opening trails, and I got snowed on.
20190506_185855.jpg
But i found evidence bucks are using the trails.
20190506_190357.jpg

Cut and split a lot of wood for the hunting cabin this weekend .
20190505_121821.jpg

This is in western Norway. It's the hunting club's cabin. We hunt red deer, woodcock, and capercaillie in the terrain. The lakes have trout, char, and pike.
20190501_104739.jpg
received_370394290480904.jpeg
Habitat management and QDM are basically unheard of here, so I'm trying to apply what i learned on the forum to a new region. This year I'm focusing on propagating willow and ROD in the terrain and coppicing trees to get food down at deer level. I will probably start a small foodplot as well.

This is in western Norway. It's the hunting club's cabin. We hunt red deer, woodcock, and capercaillie in the terrain. The lakes have trout, char, and pike.
View attachment 24029
View attachment 24030
Habitat management and QDM are basically unheard of here, so I'm trying to apply what i learned on the forum to a new region. This year I'm focusing on propagating willow and ROD in the terrain and coppicing trees to get food down at deer level. I will probably start a small foodplot as well.
Wow! What beautiful terrain. Maybe someday I will make it there. Keep the photos coming. Just had char for breakfast! I took the Level 1 QDMA Stewardship course and it really helped me get started. It's an intense amount of information that gave me a great base to begin expanding upon.

Was out clearing trails again today. Also did some scouting and planning for a few small foodplots and some oaks that need to be released. I was in a different part of the terrain today, and the weather was nice, so I snapped a few photos.
20190511_133050.jpg
20190511_133058.jpg
20190511_135513.jpg
One of the organizers for the hunting club is a veteran, so we get to ride around in his old army truck
20190511_135606.jpg

Got a side project brewing...

Trying my hand at a couple grape cuttings.
Plan to turn em loose this fall an see what happens.

Update:
Sometimes I think mother nature just likes to screw with us. You can plant/protect/baby and things fail.

On the otherhand you have this project.
-Got busy and forgot to water them.
-Bought a house an moved in the fall, threw the bag in the trailer as an afterthought. Unloaded them into the back shed, shut the door, and walked away.
-fast forward to May, open the shed door looking for planting tools, spot what I think are weeds growing (ignore). Come back a couple days later, see again, go investigate.
-stunned to find these grapes still alive, move them outside and water. Then proceed to forget about them due to other priorities.
-fast forward to last Saturday, and viola, backyard vineyard. Ha
20190803_125405.jpg
20190803_125848.jpg
20190803_132643.jpg

It's supposed to be a high of 41*F up here in Northern Wisconsin on Saturday. My brother and I are going to do some habitat work hinging trees and marking spots for two new in woods plots. Anyone else planning any outdoor activities?

I think I might hang a cam on a couple of these hinge spots to see how the activity picks up after the browse hits the ground!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is hinge cutting good ? I thought about doing some of my property but ive read good and bad things..mostly bad.

Is hinge cutting good ? I thought about doing some of my property but ive read good and bad things..mostly bad.

When I saw the pic you posted of those three bucks my initial thought was that area could use some hinge cuts.

Do a search here on hinge cutting. There are several ways to cut. High and low with different purposes.
I’m a firm believer in it but some are not. One thing is for sure, it’s ugly to look at for some people. Personally, I like a thick mess mixed in with some open woods.

Cut down one of my large mulberries.
20200210_154940.jpg

Should become an excellent stump sprout bush. Deer in Ohio love mulberry.

Should become an excellent stump sprout bush. Deer in Ohio love mulberry.
That is the plan. It had outlived its useful life as it currently stood. No low browse and it was a male tree. 2 years of seasoning and it will burn okay.