All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's for dinner?

My wife and I Tried our hand at homemade grilled pizza tonight on the Kamado Joe. We made two pizzas with a taraditional pizza cheese blend, pepperoni, and mushrooms. We also did a St. Louis style pepperoni pizza with Provel cheese. Good stuff. It does take a while to get the grill up to temp and stabilized but it was worth it and a fun cook to do together.
12D958EE-7009-436A-A427-50C36A07BED8.jpeg3D889FFA-A196-4850-B839-6703EA09392E.jpeg

My wife and I Tried our hand at homemade grilled pizza tonight

I have yet to get a good handle on making homemade pizza dough. Well I can make it, I just can’t seem to be able to form it into something that resembles a pizza....

Got a little crazy the other night and made Venison Backstrap Wellington

husRcQ8.jpg

tm0cKOH.jpg

Got a little crazy the other night and made Venison Backstrap Wellington

husRcQ8.jpg

tm0cKOH.jpg
Don't even know what the hell welington is, but it looks good!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Basically Beef Wellington but with venison.

Flaky buttered and honeyed pastry crust on outside then a layer of thin sliced prosciutto and finely chopped mushrooms and scallions with a touch of Dejon mustard all wrapped around the seared backstrap, baked to a tender medium rare like prime rib.
A little bit of Dejon goes a long way.

Basically Beef Wellington but with venison.

Flaky buttered and honeyed pastry crust on outside then a layer of thin sliced prosciutto and finely chopped mushrooms and scallions with a touch of Dejon mustard all wrapped around the seared backstrap, baked to a tender medium rare like prime rib.
A little bit of Dejon goes a long way.
Sounds absolutely wonderful!

My wife and I Tried our hand at homemade grilled pizza tonight on the Kamado Joe. We made two pizzas with a taraditional pizza cheese blend, pepperoni, and mushrooms. We also did a St. Louis style pepperoni pizza with Provel cheese. Good stuff. It does take a while to get the grill up to temp and stabilized but it was worth it and a fun cook to do together.
View attachment 27605View attachment 27606

giphy.gif

No big super bowl party for us. Butterflied a couple chicken breasts, lightly sauced with bbq sauce, sautéed some mushrooms, added a couple slices of bacon, then topped with some cheese. Of course we had to grill some peppers and asparagus for a side dish.
DBFF6542-37DF-4A0C-A19E-4FC52828DE14.jpegBA2FC8A8-C165-4A33-87FC-7DB7DCE6F4B2.jpeg2AAC55D7-5F64-44CE-919D-704B98BD4200.jpeg358B4502-B8B5-4301-930C-5096A92E0580.jpeg

Looked good until I saw the Cardinals shirt...

Go Tribe!!

Mortlach whisky tasting:

20200130_163941.jpg

Red deer calf backstrap on a bed of porcini mushrooms with red wine and black currant glazed green beans.

IMG_06911.jpg

Beautiful Telemark!

I love me some dumplings! Never had elk so don't know about that.

I love me some dumplings! Never had elk so don't know about that.

Better than the best cut of beef you’ve ever had. I take an elk steak cooked in cast iron with butter over about any cut of meat..

Better than the best cut of beef you’ve ever had. I take an elk steak cooked in cast iron with butter over about any cut of meat..

Agree!
That's a pretty hard sell guys... we grow some damn good beef. You have my curiosity piqued!