What's for dinner?

My wife and I Tried our hand at homemade grilled pizza tonight on the Kamado Joe. We made two pizzas with a taraditional pizza cheese blend, pepperoni, and mushrooms. We also did a St. Louis style pepperoni pizza with Provel cheese. Good stuff. It does take a while to get the grill up to temp and stabilized but it was worth it and a fun cook to do together.
12D958EE-7009-436A-A427-50C36A07BED8.jpeg3D889FFA-A196-4850-B839-6703EA09392E.jpeg

My wife and I Tried our hand at homemade grilled pizza tonight

I have yet to get a good handle on making homemade pizza dough. Well I can make it, I just can’t seem to be able to form it into something that resembles a pizza....

Got a little crazy the other night and made Venison Backstrap Wellington

husRcQ8.jpg

tm0cKOH.jpg

Got a little crazy the other night and made Venison Backstrap Wellington

husRcQ8.jpg

tm0cKOH.jpg
Don't even know what the hell welington is, but it looks good!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Basically Beef Wellington but with venison.

Flaky buttered and honeyed pastry crust on outside then a layer of thin sliced prosciutto and finely chopped mushrooms and scallions with a touch of Dejon mustard all wrapped around the seared backstrap, baked to a tender medium rare like prime rib.
A little bit of Dejon goes a long way.

Basically Beef Wellington but with venison.

Flaky buttered and honeyed pastry crust on outside then a layer of thin sliced prosciutto and finely chopped mushrooms and scallions with a touch of Dejon mustard all wrapped around the seared backstrap, baked to a tender medium rare like prime rib.
A little bit of Dejon goes a long way.
Sounds absolutely wonderful!

My wife and I Tried our hand at homemade grilled pizza tonight on the Kamado Joe. We made two pizzas with a taraditional pizza cheese blend, pepperoni, and mushrooms. We also did a St. Louis style pepperoni pizza with Provel cheese. Good stuff. It does take a while to get the grill up to temp and stabilized but it was worth it and a fun cook to do together.
View attachment 27605View attachment 27606

giphy.gif

No big super bowl party for us. Butterflied a couple chicken breasts, lightly sauced with bbq sauce, sautéed some mushrooms, added a couple slices of bacon, then topped with some cheese. Of course we had to grill some peppers and asparagus for a side dish.
DBFF6542-37DF-4A0C-A19E-4FC52828DE14.jpegBA2FC8A8-C165-4A33-87FC-7DB7DCE6F4B2.jpeg2AAC55D7-5F64-44CE-919D-704B98BD4200.jpeg358B4502-B8B5-4301-930C-5096A92E0580.jpeg

Looked good until I saw the Cardinals shirt...

Go Tribe!!

Mortlach whisky tasting:

20200130_163941.jpg

Red deer calf backstrap on a bed of porcini mushrooms with red wine and black currant glazed green beans.

IMG_06911.jpg

Beautiful Telemark!

I love me some dumplings! Never had elk so don't know about that.

I love me some dumplings! Never had elk so don't know about that.

Better than the best cut of beef you’ve ever had. I take an elk steak cooked in cast iron with butter over about any cut of meat..

Better than the best cut of beef you’ve ever had. I take an elk steak cooked in cast iron with butter over about any cut of meat..

Agree!
That's a pretty hard sell guys... we grow some damn good beef. You have my curiosity piqued!