What's for dinner?

I'll go with the "soup" theme...this is one I make at the house at least once a month and up at the duck camp a few times every fall.
It's kind of a cheesy potato cream of chicken with rice porridge.

I start with a large can of cream of chicken soup for stock, dice up two small potatoes into small pieces brown them in pan like hash browns, cube half a cooked chicken breast or left over turkey, two cups of milk, half a cup of rice, half cup of sharp cheddar, quarter stick of butter, three generous spoonful's of sour cream along with some Romano and a touch of pepper. Slowly simmer all of it for about twenty minutes stirring often until everything is mixed thoroughly.

u8hfUj7.jpg

I'll go with the "soup" theme...this is one I make at the house at least once a month and up at the duck camp a few times every fall.
It's kind of a cheesy potato cream of chicken with rice porridge.

I start with a large can of cream of chicken soup for stock, dice up two small potatoes into small pieces brown them in pan like hash browns, cube half a cooked chicken breast or left over turkey, two cups of milk, half a cup of rice, half cup of sharp cheddar, quarter stick of butter, three generous spoonful's of sour cream along with some Romano and a touch of pepper. Slowly simmer all of it for about twenty minutes stirring often until everything is mixed thoroughly.

u8hfUj7.jpg

Looks like stuff I cook. You may want to just go ahead and throw a Lipitor in there. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Man you guys are chefs!

Looks like stuff I cook. You may want to just go ahead and throw a Lipitor in there. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

True...but most of the things that taste great aren’t as good for you, pure comfort food! Great for keeping you warm and giving energy on a big hunt winter day.

True...but most of the things that taste great aren’t as good for you, pure comfort food! Great for keeping you warm and giving energy on a big hunt winter day.

Lady who owned a gym I used to visit said that you can only shop for food around the outside aisle of the grocery store.

Lady who owned a gym I used to visit said that you can only shop for food around the outside aisle of the grocery store.

I’m good with that...
That’s where the potatoes, cheese, milk and sour cream are in my store. :emoji_slight_smile:

I love to cook. Inside, outside, on the stove, in the oven, or on the grill. I love my Weber kettle. I bought my first one probably 35 years ago. I’ll always have one. They’re just a versatile cooking tool. BUT...when we built our new house we knew we’d have a nice deck and a patio. The Weber is going on the patio and the plan was to put a Kamado style grill on the deck. Well after waiting our turn all summer and fall our deck is done. The Kamado Joe Classic 3 is assembled and ready to go. It will be making its first cook this weekend. The snow was just starting to fly as we finished putting everything together.
E313DFD7-4F28-4C5D-A9A6-064A579DCEF0.jpeg9568B04F-B8D7-452D-B762-B07EF36D9C5F.jpeg

Grilling some backstrap for dinner. I marinated mine in a jerk marinade. Family pieces just have monstreal steak seasoning

My favorite type of hunting is rabbit. I think it goes back to my childhood when my Dad would let me skip school for first day of rabbit season like all the rest of the kids back then or Thanksgiving mornings of my youth hunting with Dad Grandpa and uncles running beagles before the big meal. Something about a fresh snow and a cold morning are just made for it. Bunnies are fun to hunt, easy to clean and can be cooked any way you cook chicken...the perfect meal on wheels.

So after collecting the first bunny of the season I turned this;
DfgFeEu.jpg

Into this;
rp7rRLs.jpg

Cleaned and quartered, marinated in Zesty Italian in a freezer bag in fridge for two days, low simmered in covered skillet in garlic butter until tender fall off the bone!

H20 ..... looks yummy and they are very healthy for your diet. During my youth, we had two good beagles and hunted rabbits frequently. My challenge was always to try and find one sitting under a log or brush and do the 22 to the noggin ... resulted in very nice meat.

Made something new pork belly burnt ends, more of an appetizer than a main course.

aVHEYyj.jpg

xh67aYQ.jpg

Nice! OK, tell me how you do these up I have to try those.

Nice! OK, tell me how you do these up I have to try those.
I tried them this way, turned out pretty good. I made them a little on the mild side because we were taking them to a family Christmas, if it was just for us I'd have spiced them up a bit. I just used my homemade rib rub and our homemade bbq sauce ( half sweet baby rays and half open pit with a couple shots of sriracha ketchup )

First run tonight on the Kamado Joe Classic 3. I used a little cherry wood to smoke a bunch of brats and a couple chicken quarters. My first time using a ceramic grill so I was careful to bring the temperature up slow and made sure it was good and stable before cooking. My wife was working late and the kids were all our for the night. I had a meat only supper. I love my fresh vegetables and healthy dinners but it was just too much temptation. I think I’m gonna like this grill.
E42D2F47-8459-43DC-9FA9-D119D293B0E6.jpeg2C76A3DD-D400-4F04-AAC0-B58940FCE1E2.jpegE61006A4-CF94-4FD8-BEED-654CD9CB4C40.jpeg97C3E50D-7278-4CF8-B2B9-71FE1B43527A.jpeg078EE643-3A6C-4DBC-9BF6-F0EF44ADAD3D.jpeg7B7BFBF2-70B3-43B7-A4BB-ED0F68D87C14.jpeg

For Christmas breakfast we had homemade monkey bread. My daughter’s work on that one. And I made an egg casserole with sausage, hash browns and cheese. My wife made mimosas.
EF0E4481-9201-413F-8512-659443B4D15B.jpeg8CD4E948-3968-4EE0-B15F-ACE199A466B4.jpeg

Last edited:
For Christmas dinner we had Saratoga ribeyes on the new Kamado Joe, mushrooms and shallots in a red one sauce, jumbo shrimp scampi over linguini, broccolini, and garlic bread with a nice Cabernet. Sorry, no pictures of the finished product. We timed everything to be done at once and just dug in. I feel like I’ve been cooking all day - but well worth it.
0A798AC2-EBCC-47B1-80BE-4F8EF794A30F.jpeg07FEAFFA-B5D8-4A35-A74D-A931E43BE66C.jpeg2C58B7A0-28A4-40BF-90EA-B9AF08583992.jpegD788E7BD-3E5B-4460-972B-7BD6DCDBAF66.jpeg

We had dried smoked lamb ribs. It's a traditional Norwegian holiday food, and it's much better than it sounds. I washed mine down with a couple ounces of my Christmas present to myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_195026.jpg
    IMG_20200101_195026.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 10
Seems I’m posting more on here than on my land tour these days. But I do love to cook. New Year’s Day Smoked pork shoulder/pork butt - we’ll get a couple meals out of this. Tonight was pork tacos. It’ll be sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. Our daughter will take some home with her too. It’s amazing how much meat is on a 6 plus pound shoulder.
B6BA2EB8-38A8-4122-B2F5-A739D716B110.jpeg

^^^ That looks really good.....