What's for dinner?

Maybe a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup.
f8d4bb14d37393fd861d757496fd58f5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Much healthier choice!

Looking for the best duck recipes

What he did ^^^... or cut into bite sized peices, role in flower, pan fry until medium rare.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looking for the best duck recipes

I do the breasts rare to med-rare in a pan. The legs I do confit if possible, or in the slow cooker.

I rarely get ducks, so I haven't dared to get adventerous with them. But the classic ways are classics for a reason.

Btw, duck carcasses make an excellent broth.

We've been on a soup kick lately, beef barley soup.
501f0489a2aa7f7bec702a9aa31bed8a.jpg

I would take a classic recipe

I would take a classic recipe
1.5-2# chuck roast trimmed of fat and chunked into 1" cubes
1 - 1.5 # potatoes
2 carrots peeled
1 med yellow or sweet onion peeled and diced
2 ribs celery diced
4 cloves minced garlic
2 TBSP tomato paste
2 TBSP beef boullion
2 TSP worcestershire sauce
1/2 TSP salt
1/2 TSP black pepper
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
6 cups beef brooth or stock
2/3 cup pearl barley

- brown beef, onion and garlic
- add beef and other ingredients in crock pot and stir to combine, let cook on low overnight for 6-8 hrs.

We also added corn and peas, this is just a starting point on the spices we added more pepper and worcestershire sauce, also had to add more beef brooth when the barley all rehydrated because it got a little thick.

We've been on a soup kick lately, beef barley soup.
501f0489a2aa7f7bec702a9aa31bed8a.jpg

I'm a big soup guy too...I just need to post more of them up here I guess.

Made some wild game fajitas;

kkFHzvV.jpg

Wood Duck
JSC0mWz.jpg

and some loaded elk fajitas!
3z8dq3T.jpg

With all the bird hunting we have been making a lot of pheasant tenders at the house. I bone the birds completely out and I like cooking them fresh if I can without freezing.
Dust with a little bisquick salt pepper and white cornmeal, deep fry as hot as I can in vegetable or peanut oil in a deep skillet till they brown, serve with whatever dip and sides you like.

Nfnl5XV.jpg

This one is almost gourmet….

Woodcock!
Interesting thing about woodcock is the legs are white meat and the breast is dark meat each with a distinctive flavor. This is the best way I have found to cook them right.

Skin whole bird and rinse well with cold water
rDFeco5.jpg

Woodcock with a raspberry glaze;
(You can coat with whatever your favorite jam is to make a good glaze, I like to use raspberry.)

Bake birds uncovered for fifteen minutes in oven pre-heated to 375

For this particular meals sides I used small white/yellow/purple baby potatoes slow boiled low with pearl onions and a chunk of ham heel for flavor.

My cheese sauce;
Milk/cheddar/butter/sour cream/pepper/Romano/pinch of bisquick/oregano/and tiny cubed ham pieces simmered low for one hour.

And three chestnuts

RcKzslN.jpg

CMgPN0x.jpg

aPrURuW.jpg

Made some venison ribs the other night that turned out great!

Dry rub with pepper/brown sugar/Tony's and into the over at 175 for three hours then out to the grill on medium painted with Sweet Baby Rays for another twenty minutes.

TGg3kio.jpg

ZgY1q9U.jpg

IMO elk is far to good to make fajitas out of....:emoji_yum:

Red deer steak with Cumberland sauce and a side of broccoli with porcini butter sauce. Served with a glass of home brewed Cabernet.
20191130_205252.jpg

Since I canned all the trim meat from November’s buck, I decided to build a veggie soup with a pint of venison in it. Looking forward to doing this often.
5728516589b7b68c423243574f0f1769.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk