What's for dinner?

Like!! ^^^

Never had Mahi but it's a neat looking fish. I smoked a brisket yesterday...
2bbbe8b36ff2e1a2d4dede18c993bb00.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had to double down. Froze all the fish last night but had to keep 2 fillets fresh in the fridge for today.

5FB03DBC-61C3-47A9-A1A5-479C3EA91C40.jpeg

Never had Mahi but it's a neat looking fish. I smoked a brisket yesterday...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cat ... whatever work you need done around your place, just let me know ... only pymt required is to feed me that ...:emoji_yum:

Cat ... whatever work you need done around your place, just let me know ... only pymt required is to feed me that ...:emoji_yum:
Show up anytime. We work around the place all the time, usually have all the jobs under control but sometimes need help catching fish and shooting doves.

Nice!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
From your garden?

Nice!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
From your garden?

Yes. Normally I grow only Big Boy tomato plants; great for salsa, salads, and slapping on a sandwich (burgers especially). This year I planted 9 Big Boys and 2 Mortgage Lifters (I heard a lot of buzz about them). The ML's set a lot of tomatoes; however, we did not like the flavor or texture as well as BBs. With our children in the southwest and west coast, the 2 of us cannot eat enough tomatoes to keep up with production. I give a lot of them to others. All plants are in concrete reinforcing wire cages supported by 2 steel T-posts. While they get 10'+ in height, every tomato hangs perfectly into a great shape with no blemishes, etc. Lots of recipients call them the gourmet tomatoes. :emoji_slight_smile:
The growing season is winding down so the size of fruit is smaller.tomatoes 9  12.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Normally I grow only Big Boy tomato plants; great for salsa, salads, and slapping on a sandwich (burgers especially). This year I planted 9 Big Boys and 2 Mortgage Lifters (I heard a lot of buzz about them). The ML's set a lot of tomatoes; however, we did not like the flavor or texture as well as BBs. With our children in the southwest and west coast, the 2 of us cannot eat enough tomatoes to keep up with production. I give a lot of them to others. All plants are in concrete reinforcing wire cages supported by 2 steel T-posts. While they get 10'+ in height, every tomato hangs perfectly into a great shape with no blemishes, etc. Lots of recipients call them the gourmet tomatoes. :emoji_slight_smile:
The growing season is winding down so the size of fruit is smaller.View attachment 26211
That makes your burger 100 times better!

We put a few tomato plants out too, usually one beefsteak type and a couple cherries all tresselled to grow up, this year was really good for growing them. We do same as you giving them to friends and family it ends up being a lot more than the wife and I can use. Same with cucumbers and peppers, we sure enjoy messing around with our small garden evenings.

During the Packer game I cooked an entire doe shoulder following a recipe from "Buck Buck Moose." That book has sure changed how I butcher my deer- shoulders and shanks are now prized cuts! And I don't have to waste time trying to trim the shoulder. It was absolutely delicious- moist and tender. Cooked about 4 1/2 hours. Best served with a Cousins interception.

Attachments

• IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 9
During the Packer game I cooked an entire doe shoulder following a recipe from "Buck Buck Moose." That book has sure changed how I butcher my deer- shoulders and shanks are now prized cuts! And I don't have to waste time trying to trim the shoulder. It was absolutely delicious- moist and tender. Cooked about 4 1/2 hours. Best served with a Cousins interception.
Just curious; what temp did you cook it at and what internal temp did you take it to?

Does the book illustrate how to butcher?

Just curious; what temp did you cook it at and what internal temp did you take it to?
Cooked uncovered for 30 minutes at 450. Then 3 1/2 hrs covered at 300 with a red wine/broth/fresh herbs liquid covering half the shoulder. Finally removed cover, finished with 20 minutes at 425. No need to take internal temp.

I have that book, so I will definitely try that recipe. Sounds awesome.

I can dig up my shank recipe that is a bit labor intensive but totally worth it.