What's for dinner?

Well, I should have learned by now to never go to the grocery store when I am hungry... couldn't help myself with ribeye in the marked down bin. And this was all just for me for lunch the other day.
6ce9c91074478d213102c254fe4781ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that clam chowder Bill!

A few years ago I spent a week hitting all the bars and little pubs on Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard sampling all the "Award Winning Clam Chowders" , your pics make me want to do it again!

We did Braised Rabbit the other night ... browned rabbit before going in the Le Crousett ... the trilogy of celery, onion, carrot, garlic, tyme, rosemary, & stock.

Rabbit 1 _160103.jpg

Out of the oven after 3 hours ...

Rabbit 3 _184231.jpg

Deglazing pan and making a rich gravy with a rue ...

Rabbit 4 _185919.jpg

Finally dinner ...

Rabbit 5 _190834.jpg

Dang Tree, that looks good!

Three guesses for what we were cooking this afternoon:
e2522192ab02b531aba99f175f2f1327.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tree spud
That looks like art, I'm hungry now.

Cat,
Fish?

Bread, open flame cooked bread with real butter melted into it!

IMG_0849.JPGBackstrap seared in a hot pan four minutes per side. Slow roasted in the oven at 200 degrees until the internal temperature was at 135 degrees (just under 2 hours). I marinated it overnight in KC Masterpice Classic Steakhouse. Served with mashed potatoes and sweet corn (frozen). Our daughter said "I Love Deer Meat"! Sometimes simple meals are the best.

Went a little healthier last night and made up some stir-fry.
Started with three big skinless chicken breast, diced up bell peppers/onion/mushrooms/snow peas/water chestnuts/scallions, scrambled four eggs and threw in a little dirty rice. Topped it off with a few squirts of teriyaki and soy sauce.
Season to taste;

NkLMYFq.jpg

ejSJaTy.jpg

Last edited:
We did Braised Rabbit the other night ... browned rabbit before going in the Le Crousett ... the trilogy of celery, onion, carrot, garlic, tyme, rosemary, & stock.

just curious what is under the rabbit on the plate? Looks like noodles? Looks great by the way. Beautiful job.

Thank you ... Eggs noodles with butter, Herbs de Provence, and some fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.

I'm not skilled enough to make spaetzle ... :(

Thank you ... Eggs noodles with butter, Herbs de Provence, and some fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.

I'm not skilled enough to make spaetzle ... :(

Hahaha pretty easy.. If you have braised rabbit down you can do spaetzle. the key is to find something that will be able to push the sticky dough into the water. Most people don't have a large sieve. I took a hard plastic cup from the cupboard and drilled a bunch of holes in it to get the dough out. It's not hard! Just don't cook it too long in the simmering water as it will get tough. little butter with some already sauteed onions in the pan, quick fry and you are done!

More of a what's for breakfast;

After marinating over night in balsamic vinegar, yesterday morning I seared a bison steak on the grill and had it with a couple eggs and a spoon full of sour cream & onion horseradish dip.

Our local Kroger's carries bison steaks, burger and roast.

BZAjnQM.jpg

Last edited:
Thawed out a bag of deboned deer leg. This is what I do with it:

Chunk and fry good muscle groups for a stew.
244c4db1a43fb5d10e5c90e81ac5b41b.jpg

The best muscle groups get slow deep pan fried with potatoes after seasoning and panko breading.
be797a79e67a960e12e375d83c23683f.jpg

I've gotten lazy about trimming silver skin and connective tissue so I take those muscle groups and pressure cook them until all that stuff isn't chewy anymore, then make chili.
31fc4f6a8dded97100d08673e01c6211.jpg

The stuff in the pressure cooker doesn't look so good. But the first time I saw deer in a ball jar I thought, gross!

But man does it taste good. So......

Slow crock-pot cooking makes the silver skin/connective tissue fall right off. Fall-apart tender !!

Man you guys do a great job at cooking. That all looks great!

My weight and diabetes is catching up with me, so the Barracuda has got me on a wiener water soup and celery lunch followed by a plate of kiss my ass for supper now.

I need to find some good meals that don't involve anything fried anymore I guess..........that fricken tastes good......if thats even possible!

View attachment 12003 View attachment 12004

130-day dry aged bone-in NY Strip steak for the packers game. I don't even like NY Strip and this was fantastic. Reverse sear on the Big green egg.
And what a game it was - my son is a Huge Packer fan. Fun game. We had BLTs but yours looks good too.

And what a game it was - my son is a Huge Packer fan. Fun game. We had BLTs but yours looks good too.
Dang, where do you find 130-day dry aged beef? Sounds great!

Wow, Badger - you're mighty light on those sides aren't you ?? You on a diet ?? I'd have 1/2 the plate filled with those mushrooms and onions !!!! If that's mac & cheese - you're a better man than me !! I'd double what's in the pic. I might not be able to breathe after I ate it all, but I'd be in a happy coma !!

If you guys can find these pickles, you have to buy a jar! Fricken incredible!

http://www.bubbies.com/pantry