What's for dinner?

bill what kind of grill is that?

DSC Built in. There not cheap but I grill a lot and got tired of needing a new grill every other year. This one is going strong after 6 years.

I like the rotisserie but the seer function for steaks is great.

Very nice Bill!

I'm a long time Weber guy. We've got a couple busy days so I'd did some country style boneless ribs for tonight (basically little pork steaks) and then I did some simple burgers and hot dogs for tomorrow so the kids can feed themselves at will.

Last edited:
I don't know why I check this thread when I'm hungry. Almost break time and I'm hungry. Wife and I had 2 rotisserie chickens over the weekend. Tasty and juicy !! That crockpot recipe for chicken and biscuits sounds really good.

Corned beef and cabbage tonight.

I love this stuff and "The Best" part is the left overs get mixed in a flour roux and turned into dry beef gravey over toast.
Not sure which I like better.

Maybe I'll post that tomorrow

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Now that looks good!

Nice Bill! I love corned beef hash and onions with a couple soft fried eggs on it for breakfast too.

Just add some fresh horseradish, the kind that clears the sinus and makes you eyes water and you will be livin ... L-I-V-I-N! :emoji_smirk:

IMG_0766.JPG IMG_0767.JPG IMG_0768.JPG IMG_0769.JPG
Fajitas tonight - grilled venison tenderloin, grilled chicken, peppers, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, salsa and of course cheese. All chased down with a $5.97 Cabernet. Good stuff!

Oh man that tenderloin looks good.

Not much better than a medium rare tenderloin from a button buck. My son's first deer too so it makes it taste even better.

Truth be told - the tenderloin didn't get to too many fajitas. We just ate it like finger food appetizers while we were making the fajitas.

We had three deer in the freezer not too long ago. We try and make it a point to have venison once a week. We're down to probably 12 lbs of burger, a couple roasts and a couple loins.

It's been a while since anyone posted on this thread so I thought I'd try and jump start it again. No wild game but grilled sirloin, oven roasted asparagus and mushrooms with a little garlic bread and a glass of cheap Cabernet. I've been struggling with a sore back so I'm trying to drop a few pounds. This is about an 800 calorie meal and only about 50 carbs all day. This is a nice weekend treat. IMG_0817.JPGIMG_0818.JPGIMG_0819.JPG

Boone. Turkey nuggets are new favorite!

SI, looks good. After all the rich stuff I've been cooking this winter I could use a few less pounds. May have to cook up my kale and bean stew and post it. I hate deer food, but kale isn't bad if mixed with the right stuff. :).

I hear you Bill. I'm 6'4" but when I get over 200 lbs my body just can't handle it well. I really need stay between 180 and 190 - I can't work out like I used to but I sure can still eat. Not a good combination, but my wife and I both can cook a little so we eat too well sometimes. The boys can all pound down the food too so unfortunately there's always plenty to eat around here.

We did oysters "somewhat" Rockefeller last night. Shucked them then some lemon juice, garlic butter, Parmesan cheese, and a few jalapenos. Under the broiler for above 5 minutes. Add additional goodies and enjoyed!

About 4-5 were eaten raw with a dab of Tabasco unfortunately ... :emoji_slight_smile:

IMG_20170408_182557.jpg

IMG_20170408_184508.jpg

IMG_20170408_193341.jpg

Pork chop, cauliflower "fauxtatoes" and asparagus
cf1fc3180515cad4e16b3819051c3ae2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someday Isle - That grub looks mighty tasty !! ( post #174 ). How long do the asparagus & mush's take to roast in the oven ??

Bill - I've had some pretty good soups that had kale in them. Like you said, with the right added ingredients, it's pretty good eating - and healthy. I'm in for ANY bean - all good to me. Please post up your bean & kale recipe / pic.
The one soup w/ kale I tried had Italian sausage, tomatoes, garlic, white beans & I don't remember what else. My cousin made it and I'll have to ask for the recipe. It was VERY good though.