What's for dinner?

Got the fryer out for a great evening on the tailgate. Pickles, mushrooms, onions, and jalapeño poppers:
b119680716b1cf6e10887e31fb05e194.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We had fresh gills and perch today. Fried in bacon grease. No pics though.
Panfish are always a good meal!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Half a venison round, a few white and red onions diced up small, some thin skinned yellow potatoes, carrots and some thinly sliced apple peel all simmered down slow&low for a few hours.
Along with some buttermilk cathead drop biscuits that think they are big dumplings.
A stew that is a meal!

vIbrqJK.jpg

HswJGk7.jpg

And had some good leftovers for work.

Last edited:
In between unloading soybeans I decided to Cook me up a batch of wings for tonight. But I think I will sneak me a few for the tractor seat right now! LOL

wings.PNG

Tonight I made a couple quick tasty sandwiches that took five minutes to whip up.
Dice up some onion and pepper and sauté , slice some skinless cheddar smoked sausage and throw on grill, toss two buns on grill for a minute ad a schmeer of cream cheese and it's on.

dKN6Tu7.jpg

decbCzq.jpg

VoPbPWo.jpg

ro4QTDU.jpg

Last edited:
No pic yet, but I pulled some onions, carrots, and taters from the garden this morning....seared a big venison roast on the stove, and then placed it with the veggies in a crock pot. Added one pack onion soup mix and some beef stock, about a tablespoon of puff ball powder, a dash of Worcestershire and a dash of soy sauce....oh, and I deglazed the cast iron with a bit of red wine, and added that.

Set the outlet timer for it to cook on low from 11am-5pm.

Love this recipe! Especially with all the fresh veggies after a couple frosty nights. I was going to make this at camp on Saturday in the ground with fire coals and a dutch oven, but that got rained out. (we got pizzas instead).

I'll post pics later.

Sorry guys, no pictures. We had a good friend and his wife stop by for dinner. Pictures never crossed my mind.

Well, here's the start to a braised venison round roast. Veggies go in in a couple hours.
4b417d8fefdf0b2bce54fd4138bc1b1c.jpg

And now the veggies go in...
924e89d4feb890791bc0418b733e1b6b.jpg

And the final product
e4da6b856fe982249e691b796f132238.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Deep fried wild turkey bites. Mashed taters, gravy, corn. And since the oil was hot, deep fried dill pickles.

3753995aa9012599f0263e0e20bd21db.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope your boy liked the nuggets!

Hope your boy liked the nuggets!

He reheated the leftovers for lunch. Liked them with hot sauce on em.

Not for dinner, just a side, but it could be.

Ok pay close attention this recipe is difficult.

Brown 1 lbs jimmy dean pork sausage.

611c7affe67b8495f8c5f1c40c60d2d4.jpg

Step 2 add a big can of Bushes baked beans and simmer.
Add brown sugar, mustard and ketchup to taste if ya like.

cb836cd5d0e0e95d55923bbf3f5f7e82.jpg

You'll never eat plain baked beans again, trust me.

Last edited:
image.jpegOne pound of venison burger, one pound of ground beef, two raw eggs, 1/2 cup of unseasoned bread crumbs makes six big burgers. Freeze for an hour to make sure they hold together. Liberally sprinkled with Lawrys garlic salt and a dash of pepper. Lightly coated with canola oil, pan smoking hot. Seared for 4 minutes on one side, flipped and seared for four minutes on the other side. Medium rare, fried with onions right underneath them in the pan. Add choice of cheese and drag it through the garden, served on a sesame seed bun.

Anything with venison and onions is a winner to me !! Looks / sounds good. ^^^^
Bill - That sausage & beans mess sounds like a real rib-stickin' treat !! Gonna have to try that one. :)

Don't know if the upper mid west guys like clams but us easterners do.
This is a winter and Christmas favorite.

New England clam chowder.

Anything that starts with bacon has to be good.

8 slices diced, browned and set aside. Leave the bacon grease right where it is.
b1574008427c71a324728191c817b71a.jpg

Onions, celery, garlic simmered in the grease.
c9efa591f7884360dfb6c1a1139ca5fd.jpg

7 cups diced taters covered in clam juice. If you're using fresh clams add juice from a jar. If canned used the juice from the cans. Simmer 5 mins. You don't want them soft yet.
20e859dc2eab872df020d8235610b8ed.jpg

Add 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can cream of celery, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup half and half, 1 tbsp butter, 1/4 tsp dill weed, 1 1/2 tsp worchestshire, 1/2 tsp old bay. Simmer 15 mins then add clams, 4 cans drained. (I always add extra) Simmer another 15 -20 mins until it thickens.

16d8121ed221ccdb21ee5b5f5c39be30.jpg

Take off the stove stir in bacon and let sit 5 mins.

4db5e0c96404155cec1945f921912283.jpg

After dinner take an extra statin. :)

I had some clam chowder last night at my in laws, it was way too watery. I like thick chowder like you have posted Bill. I like soup that eats like a meal!

I like clam chowder, well I have never had it, but if you invited me out to NJ fishing, I bet I would eat your clam chowder......

N.E. style clam chowder is great !!! Sausage mixed in with Bush's baked beans first, ( post #131 ) and now clam chowder laced with bacon / bacon grease. ( post #134 ) Side of statins.

You're a cardiologist, aren't you Bill ??? :D

Kidding aside, those recipes sound mighty good.

N.E. style clam chowder is great !!! Sausage mixed in with Bush's baked beans first, ( post #131 ) and now clam chowder laced with bacon / bacon grease. ( post #134 ) Side of statins.

You're a cardiologist, aren't you Bill ??? :D.

No but I have one. :D