What to do now?

In the past I had a game warden called on us for rabbit hunting my own property when the dogs chased a rabbit on the neighbors. The neighbor fired a shot (at us or in the air). Long story, short, I got to know the game warden and hunted with him after this incident. I notified him of several trespassers and poachers over the last several years. Surprisingly, or maybe not unsurprising, he knew a couple of them. One was a pill popper carrying a t-post, another was a group of notorious coon hunters (the other couple were caught in the act with a cell trail camera or by me personally).

I guess these people are often repeat offenders. My point is that they can often contact the people to notify them that charges will be pressed if they trespass again or now if you so choose. If nothin else, it lets the justice system know that they've been warned if they do it again since they often slap them on the wrist.

Last edited:
In the past I had a game warden called on us for rabbit hunting my own property when the dogs chased a rabbit on the neighbors. The neighbor fired a shot (at us or in the air). Long story, short, I got to know the game warden and hunted with him after this incident. I notified him of several trespassers and poachers over the last several years. Surprisingly, or maybe not unsurprising, he knew a couple of them. One was a pill popper carrying a t-post, another was a group of notorious coon hunters (the other couple were caught in the act with a cell trail camera or by me personally).

I guess these people are often repeat offenders. My point is that they can often contact the people to notify them that charges will be pressed if they trespass again or now if you so choose. If nothin else, it lets the justice system know that they've been warned if they do it again since they often slap them on the wrist.
I could be wrong but I don't believe our Game Wardens do anything about trespassing.

I could be wrong but I don't believe our Game Wardens do anything about trespassing.
Edit to this. The purple paint laws allow the game commission to investigate trespassers.

Edit to this. The purple paint laws allow the game commission to investigate trespassers.
that's good to know! we just put up purple paint and signs along our farm's border with a red tag area (for those non-PA types, a red tag area is like a deer control area where the landowner is given tags but really can't say no to anyone who wants to hunt it)...it basically makes our neighbor's property a shooting gallery...we have had so many issues over the past couple years..hopefully it dissuades those who actually "see the paint" a little...

Oh ok. I'm not on Facebook.
if that's what was suggested I would be willing to put it up on there with some additional info (don't want your cameras to get stolen or stuff messed with if you don't want to escalate it at this point I would understand)

HPA = huntingpa(dot)com That used to be a great place to get stuff like this "seen", but IMO it's kind of dying. If you want it to be seen there best post it in the Political section. ;)

How'd you make out PatinPA?

How'd you make out PatinPA?
Heard back from the Sheriff. He asked for the pictures to see if he knew him. He told me I'd be better off calling the state police so I'm calling them today. Have some people I know spreading the word and the picture. Probably stop at the neighbors and show them the pics this weekend too so they can watch out for him. If his motive was to hunt on my property I'm sure he won't stop at theirs.

Second week of rifle season = desperation picking up. This guy snuck in while I was there checking cameras. I must've driven right past him. Definitely knows there are cameras around. I'm guessing headed for the neighbors with the lack of the required orange. Has to be local. Unless I completely missed it, there was no vehicle parked where he came from.
Trespasser cut down.png

Second week of rifle season = desperation picking up. This guy snuck in while I was there checking cameras. I must've driven right past him. Definitely knows there are cameras around. I'm guessing headed for the neighbors with the lack of the required orange. Has to be local. Unless I completely missed it, there was no vehicle parked where he came from.
View attachment 47826
that guy is lucky he didn't get shot at....(not by you, but just in general) by not wearing any orange...I make sure to have at least the required amount...hope you can catch these folks!

that guy is lucky he didn't get shot at....(not by you, but just in general) by not wearing any orange...I make sure to have at least the required amount...hope you can catch these folks!
Ya I didn't think the gray sweatshirt was a good idea either. I'm pretty sure he was heading to the non hunting neighbors and wasn't worried about anyone else hunting there.

I would be livid. Do you have a bunch of houses that border you?

Ya I didn't think the gray sweatshirt was a good idea either. I'm pretty sure he was heading to the non hunting neighbors and wasn't worried about anyone else hunting there.
my whole family wears orange all the time during rifle (even as we know who all should be where and when), as our property is bordered by a DMAP area we have had a few uninvited visitors, one of whom even saw fit to sit in one of our ladder stands! talk about ballsy/extremely dumb! (my dad had a stern chat with him and he at least stayed over on the land he had permission to hunt when we were around)

I would be livid. Do you have a bunch of houses that border you?
The only houses directly beside me are the non hunting neighbors. But there are a few within a 1/2 mile or so. I think it has to be someone local that is walking in or getting dropped off. I have some suspicions but don't know the more distant neighbors well enough.

my whole family wears orange all the time during rifle (even as we know who all should be where and when), as our property is bordered by a DMAP area we have had a few uninvited visitors, one of whom even saw fit to sit in one of our ladder stands! talk about ballsy/extremely dumb! (my dad had a stern chat with him and he at least stayed over on the land he had permission to hunt when we were around)
Ya I wear at least an orange hat when I go to check cameras even on my own property. Never know when there are idiots like this sneaking around.

Ya I wear at least an orange hat when I go to check cameras even on my own property. Never know when there are idiots like this sneaking around.
EXACTLY! my dad finally put up some posters and purple paint but we still get the old line "didn't see anything in the dark" all the time...
with all the fancy GPS and mapping aps out there, in my mind, it's not that hard to stay where you should and not be where you shouldn't...

EXACTLY! my dad finally put up some posters and purple paint but we still get the old line "didn't see anything in the dark" all the time...
with all the fancy GPS and mapping aps out there, in my mind, it's not that hard to stay where you should and not be where you shouldn't...
Off subject but we used to hunt on a friends property by my parents house and he told us one time a guy built a permanent tree stand on his land without permission. So he waited until the opening morning of rifle season and walked in right after daylight and chewed him out. The dumbest part is the guy lets anyone hunt as long as they ask permission.