We need sun

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
With all the rain we've been having here, we can't do any field / plot work. We need several days in a row of sun and breeze. The weather pattern doesn't seem to be in any hurry to change either. We haven't had the huge amounts of rain some of the mid-west states have had, but it's a task to even get enough "dry" time to mow the lawns.

We'd love to get working on our camp food plots, but the fields are like pudding. Mucky, greasy, & goopy.

Here's a weather video from May 3 showing some pretty good maps. We're in a pattern. High pressure in the SE. The Gulf of Mexico is open for business and sending plenty of moisture north.

Wet and soggy here in MI also, took s ride last night and left good tracks with the utv. 10 days ago I broadcast some clover and cereal grains into a spent brassica plot just broadcast and cultipacked, seems to be coming up decent.

tUoRyLy.jpg

Spilled some cereal grains.

iqt7cX8.jpg

With all the rain we've been having here, we can't do any field / plot work. We need several days in a row of sun and breeze. The weather pattern doesn't seem to be in any hurry to change either. We haven't had the huge amounts of rain some of the mid-west states have had, but it's a task to even get enough "dry" time to mow the lawns.

We'd love to get working on our camp food plots, but the fields are like pudding. Mucky, greasy, & goopy.
I hear ya. We seem to be in a 3 year (so far) pattern. It rained here almost constantly last summer.

I hear ya. We seem to be in a 3 year (so far) pattern. It rained here almost constantly last summer.

And the mosquito’s have been loving it.

......east texas mosquitos are the size of baby sparrows......

bill

Farmers in our area were in the fields like crazy all weekend.

Yep - it just keeps going. Rained all weekend here and the next week's forecast shows showers or steady rain every day. Camp's location in NC Pa. mountains is sopping wet as well. No worries for seedlings planted and new apple & crab trees - but plots are not workable yet. Thank God for existing clover & rye plots.

May 6th video, Eric Snodgrass. Again, lots of good info and maps in here.

Drip drip, squish squish, splash... spin out....rut rut rut! I have springs boiling out of the ground where they rarely pop up, and my fields are soaked, mud and soggy ground everywhere ... I have not been able to drive a truck or a tractor down my field road to get to the north side of my property and that has never happened this late into the spring. Im going to have to lay a culvert down and trench a path for the water to flow and that is up on a side hill just so I can get access to the back of the property. Only good thing is I transplanted a ton of apple trees out of the nursery and they are getting a nice soaking.

MO is wet now but some corn in the ground. IN is starting to dry, but nothing in the ground. Bad year for farmers, again.

Water is to the edge of my plot20190509_133205.jpg

Soil temp here dropped to 49 degrees today. 2" rain last night and forecast lows of 35 for the next two nights. Lovely!

Yes. In MI thumb here- too wet and cannot get an ATV or my brush hog in my plots— Too much time being wasted.
So Frustrating.

I’m still waiting myself. Fulton County Illinois. So wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I typically wait until Memorial day to plant my summer annuals here. That tends to put me behind the farming community a bit, but it works for plots for me. This year however many farmers are behind. I saw a thing the other day that IN farmers this time of year typically have 80% or more of the corn drop planted....this year...they are only 15 to 20%. Gonna be a lot of farmers in the fields late this year or switching to beans. We don't have sever flooding like has been seen in other ares, but we are getting rain far to frequently... My fear is that is will get turned off and then be bone dry all summer...

It never ceases to amaze me when somebody is tractor shopping on here, you will always have a few respondents chime in - “get the biggest tractor you can afford”. Thank goodness I kept my 28 hp JD when I bought my 65 hp JD. The bigger tractor has not moved but one time in the past six months and rutted everything so bad I had to park it. The little tractor hasnt missed a beat - it takes longer - but it gets the job done.

It never ceases to amaze me when somebody is tractor shopping on here, you will always have a few respondents chime in - “get the biggest tractor you can afford”. Thank goodness I kept my 28 hp JD when I bought my 65 hp JD. The bigger tractor has not moved but one time in the past six months and rutted everything so bad I had to park it. The little tractor hasnt missed a beat - it takes longer - but it gets the job done.

I wish i had kept mine

larger cab tractor is great for large plots in hot/cold weather with AC

It gets beat to hell if I'm not careful on trails

bill