Wall

For those that say the wall is too expensive and their are cheaper and more effective ways to secure the border. How about we forgo the wall and just put in a mine field. I would guess that a mine field would be cheaper and allow less passage than a wall.

For those that say the wall is too expensive and their are cheaper and more effective ways to secure the border. How about we forgo the wall and just put in a mine field. I would guess that a mine field would be cheaper and allow less passage than a wall.

See now that's thinking outside the box! And If we had it televised and allowed real time online betting on who in each group would be first to go it would even pay for installation.

Since mannerism can't be seen on the net. (That was a Joke) even if it was in poor taste.....

I have managed to stay out of this entire thread (patting self on the back pretty hard).

They are all crooked. As long as they keep us fighting with each other they win. They don't want to solve the problem, the problem keeps them in a job.

Politics is the only job you can not do every day, then return home and campaign on how you are going to Washington to fix it.

Here is my take on the whole deal:
You can't use facts to change the mind of someone who used emotion to arrive at their conclusion.

Not judging, just my personal observation in life.

-John

What is 100% effective?

(That mine field would be pretty close I bet) Squad cars haven’t stopped drunk driving. Should we pull them off the road?

Background checks haven’t stopped gun violence. Should we scrap them? Metal detectors didn’t stop 9/11. Should we get rid of those?

Security cameras and RFID chips haven’t stopped shoplifting. Scrap ‘em?

60 years of food stamps and redundant feeding programs haven’t eliminated hunger. Should we get rid of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Business man in me struggles to spend billions for symbolism when there are far more effective solutions that could be implemented now. It will take a long long time before we see a wall cover enough geography to mean anything

I disagree, the portions of the border that do have a wall now mean something..Acosta inadvertently gave a great example of how it’s working the other day.
I’m all for implementing all the newest and best security technology and manpower also, ALONG with wall in any areas needed.
Cost should not be an issue at all where the safety and security of our country and it’s citizens is at stake.

The wall is a more permanent tangible thing not as easily done away with once it is place.
Extra security tech and manpower can change and have the plug pulled in a day with the wind of politics.

And to put scale to how small of cost 5 or 25 billion really is, Washington state wants to spend 1.1 billion to help save a family of 74 whales.

Cheapest way? My way of thinking is to use the military. Privates need training in how to become MP's, how to surveillance, how to apprehend, how to stand post, how to use equipment, how to train dogs, etc. These people are already hired... the tools already bought... and the training is going to happen somewhere anyway, why not on the boarder. Use all the branches, become formidable, do what you were going to do anyway but do it with purpose. Of course this approach has it's dangers; the liberals will hate any military discipline that's new, there will be deaths (the environment will become violent at times), and the accountants will claim it's added cost to government. If they don't stop the government shutdown soon Trump might just go ahead and use the military to build the wall as he see's fit anyway.

Expanding on this approach;
The National Gaurd and Reserves of all the military branches from every state in the USA have a mandatory two week “summer camp” every year anyway, defer that to a given area of the border to help out with and patrol a given section spread it out through the year and it is cost neutral.

I am pro wall but I will change my mind if the following are put into law and enforced.
End catch and release, if caught returned immediately.
End anchor babies, parents aren’t legal neither are you.
Armed military can enforce the border by any means necessary
No sanctuary cities, if you are not one dollar of federal money.
Path to citizenship, immediate registration and after ten years you can become a citizen
Commit a felony at any time before or after ten year automatically deported
Easy to obtain work visa, mess it up or caught cheating banned.
Employer messes it up, heavy fines.
Must speak or attempt to learn English.
These should be easy no brained laws to pass or enforce, since congress has no ability to do anything useful and the next liberal president would choose not to enforce them We need the wall. See, I was willing to change my mind but the untrustworthy politicians won’t allow me at this time

End anchor babies, parents aren’t legal neither are you.
Armed military can enforce the border by any means necessary
No sanctuary cities, if you are not one dollar of federal money.
Path to citizenship, immediate registration and after ten years you can become a citizen
Commit a felony at any time before or after ten year automatically deported
Easy to obtain work visa, mess it up or caught cheating banned.
Employer messes it up, heavy fines.
Must speak or attempt to learn English.

I'd like to reply to these one at a time.

*End anchor babies, parents aren’t legal neither are you.

Would probably take an act of congress, and literally change the constitution, but SOMETHING must be done to end the anchor baby problem. People are cheating the system, so the system isn't working, so the system needs to be changed. It's possible a Supreme Court decision could redefine our jus soli citizenship without totally abolishing it, and this is perhaps a good first step.

*Armed military can enforce the border by any means necessary

Within reason. You can't shoot unarmed people, and it's expensive to deploy soldiers, but in case of emergency, like a caravan of hostile illegals, yes the military is a reasonable option. The wall is actually a better solution in my opinion, but that's beside the point, I guess.

*No sanctuary cities, if you are not one dollar of federal money.

I'd go even further and say that mayors, governors, etc. found to be creating so-called "sanctuaries" should be removed from office and prosecuted. They are violating immigration law as far as I'm concerned. I would like to see what the courts think. But absolutely cut their federal money, and do so very publicly so their constituents know why they city/state is going broke.

*Path to citizenship, immediate registration and after ten years you can become a citizen

Do you mean for illegals or legal immigrants?

*Commit a felony at any time before or after ten year automatically deported

Agreed.

*Easy to obtain work visa, mess it up or caught cheating banned.

You mean a guest worker visa? I am all for a guest worker system for fruit pickers, etc. But we can't just have easy to obtain long-term work visas for everyone.

*Employer messes it up, heavy fines.

I'm generally against this. It's a slippery slope, and unless you can PROVE an employer INTENTIONALLY employed someone illegally, I don't think the employer should be fined.

*Must speak or attempt to learn English.

This already is a requirement for the citizenship test. However, I think it should be made a bit more strict. The US actually has no official language, but for the sake of integration into US society, anyone applying for citizenship should be competent in English. I have been a long-term immigrant in China and Norway. Chinese is a far more difficult language than Norwegian, but I made the effort to learn it so I could function there. I can't stand - and i do not accept - the argument that people learning English somehow harms their culture. No matter how much I spoke Chinese and ate Chinese food, I never became even a little bit Chinese. And it really burns my bottom when people with US passports speak zero English.

I'd like to reply to these one at a time.

*End anchor babies, parents aren’t legal neither are you.

Would probably take an act of congress, and literally change the constitution, but SOMETHING must be done to end the anchor baby problem. People are cheating the system, so the system isn't working, so the system needs to be changed. It's possible a Supreme Court decision could redefine our jus soli citizenship without totally abolishing it, and this is perhaps a good first step.

*Armed military can enforce the border by any means necessary

Within reason. You can't shoot unarmed people, and it's expensive to deploy soldiers, but in case of emergency, like a caravan of hostile illegals, yes the military is a reasonable option. The wall is actually a better solution in my opinion, but that's beside the point, I guess.

*No sanctuary cities, if you are not one dollar of federal money.

I'd go even further and say that mayors, governors, etc. found to be creating so-called "sanctuaries" should be removed from office and prosecuted. They are violating immigration law as far as I'm concerned. I would like to see what the courts think. But absolutely cut their federal money, and do so very publicly so their constituents know why they city/state is going broke.

*Path to citizenship, immediate registration and after ten years you can become a citizen

Do you mean for illegals or legal immigrants?

*Commit a felony at any time before or after ten year automatically deported

Agreed.

*Easy to obtain work visa, mess it up or caught cheating banned.

You mean a guest worker visa? I am all for a guest worker system for fruit pickers, etc. But we can't just have easy to obtain long-term work visas for everyone.

*Employer messes it up, heavy fines.

I'm generally against this. It's a slippery slope, and unless you can PROVE an employer INTENTIONALLY employed someone illegally, I don't think the employer should be fined.

*Must speak or attempt to learn English.

This already is a requirement for the citizenship test. However, I think it should be made a bit more strict. The US actually has no official language, but for the sake of integration into US society, anyone applying for citizenship should be competent in English. I have been a long-term immigrant in China and Norway. Chinese is a far more difficult language than Norwegian, but I made the effort to learn it so I could function there. I can't stand - and i do not accept - the argument that people learning English somehow harms their culture. No matter how much I spoke Chinese and ate Chinese food, I never became even a little bit Chinese. And it really burns my bottom when people with US passports speak zero English.

Yes on guest workers. No long term
10 years for everyone that is already here. 10 years you apply for citizenship or some form of rights. If you go ten years without committing a crime and pay taxes you should have some rights, probably not full citizenship until 15 years.

Angel moms - mothers of those who were murdered by illegals. They went to Pelosi's office. She refused to speak to them. If a group of people show up that want to murder their children, she takes 'em in with open arms.

Yep, and it was a pretty powerful statement when one of them said she was hiding behind her wall. Which of course was true.

Last edited:
State of the union. If you never watched the show because your wife made you, you won’t understand.

The leftovers!

Someone out there better spoof it on YouTube!

B4DF93DC-2ED7-4166-8F40-AE60A32CF9C5.jpeg