Wall of fame photo's cool or not???

Wall of fame photo's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j-bird

You all know the photo's I am talking about - a side of a barn is dotted or covered with shoulder mounts, bleached skulls or antlers mounted to plaques with the hunter(s) standing front and center.

Are these cool? Or not cool?

deer.jpg
My brother and I spent a day gathering his, my, and our Dad's bowkills a couple years ago and hung them all on his garage. I'd always wanted to do it, it turned out good but it was actually a ton of work.

Cool.... if used in the right context. If people use it just to brag and convince the rest of the world that they are better than the rest of us then NO! Nice garage!

Cool.... if used in the right context. If people use it just to brag and convince the rest of the world that they are better than the rest of us then NO! Nice garage!
He was wise to add rain gutters!!

deer.jpg
My brother and I spent a day gathering his, my, and our Dad's bowkills a couple years ago and hung them all on his garage. I'd always wanted to do it, it turned out good but it was actually a ton of work.
I'll never post a picture of any of my mounts or trail camera pics now Mclovin. That is awesome. Jealous!!

Just a little over board for my taste.

If the flash on my trail cams killed every buck I've captured over the years my wall still wouldn't look like that :confused:

Looks good McLovin. Pretty sure you guys don't hunt MN.

We do, we just don't add much to the wall in MN. 7 or 8 of those bucks are MN deer, all metro but even the metro has gotten poor lately. I haven't killed a buck in MN since 2005.

Thanks, BTW, that's 20 years of bowhunting for 3 guys who hit it pretty hard and travel a lot.

X2, the way you guys did it looks good/right, nice deer!

I like them. McLovin's pic shows high quality and tastefully done.

I have never seen a deer as big as the smallest one you have there. Looks awesome.

I think when it's done right (as in the above pic) it looks awesome! Those are some amazing bucks!!

Looks great McLovin..

Nice display of your good fortune McL. Some....no.....MOST of those are pretty nice bucks!

Quite impressive for sure McLovin.

Whats the largest scoring buck on that wall?

Quite impressive for sure McLovin.

Whats the largest scoring buck on that wall?

Top row second from the right. Double Liver killed it in 236 about 15 years ago. It grossed 180 something, I was hunting about 70 yards from him and it went by me at 40 following a doe headed right at him. I remember thinking, "God I hope he's paying attention", then heard the shot, then DL yells, "Mclovin, he's coming right at ya, hit him again, he's HUGE!" I managed to knock my arrow off the rest as he ran right under my tree. That was fun, I'm glad you asked, I'm grinning as I type this. Good memories.

Well..... I posted the question and I just got my 2013 buck back so I thought I would share. No monsters and nothing like McLovin's pic, but all these bucks came from my 150 acre property since 2008. Far left - my son's 2013 buck, left/center - my 2008 buck, right/center is my 2011 buck and far right my 2013 buck. I'm sure so you all have some - lets see them.
trophy wall from jenna 2.jpg

I like them, I'll join in, this is the first 20 years off of our farm. 1988 to 2008

Nice display homegrown! Some studs one that wall. What state is your farm in? Just curious. Since 1988 - I was 14 in '88.