The Big One That Did Not Get Away ...

That’s an awesome deer! And an awesome hunt! Once in a lifetime deer for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is a great buck, congrats to you. Thanks for sharing.

How did you get him out? Did you have to quarter him like you were in the mountains or were you able to get him out whole and butcher later?

Wow that is a great buck, congrats to you. Thanks for sharing.

How did you get him out? Did you have to quarter him like you were in the mountains or were you able to get him out whole and butcher later?

We loaded the entire deer without gutting onto an ATV Quad and drove him out. They never want to gut in the hunting area as that is sure fire to draw wolves. We actually gutted at the trail head on the logging road and left the gut pile there. The guide said that discourages local stand site squatters as they think the only good buck has been taken.

When I think about everything that is a big Canadian whitetail that buck pretty much cones to mind. Absolute awesome buck. I would do a pedestal for sure without question.

The body size alone would look great, you may have to have trouble finding a form to fit without some custom work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Was not thinking of full or partial body mount if that's what you were referring to. A shoulder mount on a pedestal was what I am thinking of.

He'll certainly need a large form to mount even just the shoulder mount, but the good sculptors have them available. As pretty as that rack and deer are, you could take it one step farther and consider a floor pedestal mount. Google image search it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=flo...qNnlAhUHI6wKHRlpDzEQ_AUIEygC&biw=1745&bih=881

He'll certainly need a large form to mount even just the shoulder mount, but the good sculptors have them available. As pretty as that rack and deer are, you could take it one step farther and consider a floor pedestal mount. Google image search it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=flo...qNnlAhUHI6wKHRlpDzEQ_AUIEygC&biw=1745&bih=881

Mort ... thanks, that is what I am thinking of. He has such great character and details that I think people would enjoy a closer view than up on the wall.

Congrats on an awesome buck. I can't imagine seeing in person the sheer size of a whitetail weighing that much.

Beautiful buck! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on an awesome buck. I can't imagine seeing in person the sheer size of a whitetail weighing that much.

He was a beast ... when he was skinned, and amazing amount of fat on him. They only eat browse and lichen and grow to be that big. Lichen has high protein. We think that we need to constantly feed with corn & beans ... different perspective ...

Congrats! What an amazing buck. Hes got everything you think of when you think Northern Alberta/Sask. Glad it worked out so well for ya!

A true giant of the Northwoods!! Nice going Spud. Very unique rack with lots of character. Pix when he's on the wall please!!

Job well done sir, Job.... Well... Done...

congrats on a buck of a lifetime.

When I think about everything that is a big Canadian whitetail that buck pretty much cones to mind. Absolute awesome buck. I would do a pedestal for sure without question.

The body size alone would look great, you may have to have trouble finding a form to fit without some custom work.

Was not thinking of full or partial body mount if that's what you were referring to. A shoulder mount on a pedestal was what I am thinking of.
Yeah just was implying body as in neck and head size. Have had some IL deer max out a form guessing that deer may have to have 1 custom built.

The more I look at that beast the more I see how friggin awesome he is. WOW.

And what I love the most is the pic of you holding him. You’re actually holding him. Not 2 foot behind him reaching out and touching a beam like the pros do it.

Just a friggin great deer. I’m so happy you did this!

Buck of a lifetime. Monster with a great unique rack---now I know what they look like anyway.

That might be the coolest G3 I've ever seen. I want to touch it.

The more I look at that beast the more I see how friggin awesome he is. WOW.

And what I love the most is the pic of you holding him. You’re actually holding him. Not 2 foot behind him reaching out and touching a beam like the pros do it.

Just a friggin great deer. I’m so happy you did this!

I post this here because we all want to show our success. It is important everyone feel proud when they get what they consider a great deer, as we all have different opportunities and limitations.

You are correct, unbelievable deer and I wish I could do more than pictures. His rack has some amazing character. Pictures do not do this guy justice.

You are so correct, and this is why I keep pinching myself ... I am blessed to have connected with this animal.

Thank you for your comments as I know you have been successful with some really big deer ...

Last edited:
I went back and looked at your pix again. The more I look at that buck, the more impressed I am with him. I don't care what his score is - just the LOOK of that rack is what's really cool!! It just looks like what I think of when I picture a smart, old, "ghost" of the north woods. Dark rack, odd points. The kind that haunt our daydreams - and nightmares. If I saw him in my scope - I'd have chills running up & down me before I pulled the trigger!! Helluva buck !!!

The mass on that deer is unbelievable! Nice buck!