The Big One That Did Not Get Away ...

Great story and pics! OUTSTANDING mass on that hawg...congrats!

Great story & awesome deer. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome buck Spud! Congrats on that hoss!

For those of us interested...Mind a few questions? Really just looking for 1st hand / recent info on a trip like this.

1) Guide service used?
2) Difficulty of firearm transportation into Canada?
3) How do transport the cape back to taxidermist?

It is pretty easy to take firearms into Canada as long as you follow the instructions on RCMP website below ...
Non-Rez Firearms into Canada

The outfitter prepped the cape & antlers for transport and then completed a US Wildlife Fish & Game form for me to present to customs agents when re-entering the U.S.

Received some trail cam photos from the outfitter on the buck I shot. Looking at the time on the camera, this was 25 minutes before he stepped out of the deep cover and gave me a shot at him. In the stand I had heard some faint tree branch scraping.

HUNT0068.JPG

HUNT0070.JPG

Very nice. Too bad he didn't have a dark rack! Bet he wrecked a lot trees in his day. Can't wait for the taxidermy pics.

That's a real nice buck and to me the rack looks darker than any I see where I hunt. Most racks I see are almost white looking. Of course the racks I see are about as big as your hand too.

ya, looks pretty dark to me too...

That's a hogmolly of a buck. A cold canada whitetail hunt would be a lot of fun

I needed to put a winky or something. Rack looks like a triple fudge swirl brownie.