UTV Purchase

There is a kubota with a cab for sale at this weekends consignment auction at winfield ks and alot of smaller pieces of equipt.brush hogs and a 7000 JD planter and everything else you could want

If you ever own a mini truck you never go back. Nice having a cab, A/C, heat, wipers, etc, a larger payload than most UTV, titled, plated, and street legal in a lot of states. Plus it goes anywhere a side by side will with comparable tires. Plus it runs 60-70 MPH.

Mule ... street legal but why would you want to drive there, 60-70 mph, 1000 lbs bed capacity ... if you can can lift more, you are working too hard :emoji_grin:

Heaters are for sissies ... :emoji_astonished::emoji_grin:

0229201723b.jpg

I used to dispise the side by sides as they always seem to be slow pokes plugging up the trails for us sport quad guys. However im also a capitalist and realize they're easy sells. Bought a canam commander from a guy in a bind a few week's ago. Intended to resell a few weeks later but realized how handy it was so it's now part of the fleet. Must say a cup holder for cocktails is nice, don't have that on the quads or skidsteer

I have the 570 full size so it will carry 3,use it all the time.The JD gator is about the only other brand I would look at except maybe honda.I know some of the last years kawasakis burnt up when the oil lines came loose.I googled polaris rebates for a month before buying one and ended up getting 250 off accessories and finding another giving an extra 6 months on warranty.The dealer didn't even know about them.

I have the 570 full size so it will carry 3,use it all the time.The JD gator is about the only other brand I would look at except maybe honda.I know some of the last years kawasakis burnt up when the oil lines came loose.I googled polaris rebates for a month before buying one and ended up getting 250 off accessories and finding another giving an extra 6 months on warranty.The dealer didn't even know about them.

Sorry, experience with the Gator ... low ground clearance and terrible low end torque horsepower.

They are a great golf cart and soft ride, no so good for farm & habitat.

Although not relevant to the OP’s needs... Ive been a happy ranger 800 crew owner for a couple years. Bought it used in good shape. Extremely big and not really a “fun” vehicle.
Last week bought a new Ranger 150 for the kids. They’ve now ditched the iPads and have been having a blast around the farm. Loaded with safety features and just enough power. I’ve told them they will never run out of gas. Be safe and have fun. We’ve got the 3 kids and this is a sweet little two seater... the second 150 is on order. Lol

Although not relevant to the OP’s needs... Ive been a happy ranger 800 crew owner for a couple years. Bought it used in good shape. Extremely big and not really a “fun” vehicle.
Last week bought a new Ranger 150 for the kids. They’ve now ditched the iPads and have been having a blast around the farm. Loaded with safety features and just enough power. I’ve told them they will never run out of gas. Be safe and have fun. We’ve got the 3 kids and this is a sweet little two seater... the second 150 is on order. Lol

800 great for evening rides with wife,kids

570 belongs to "Dad".........

bill

This is how I roll...
8f2e180463c252068e5c04730e237b4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What brand is this rig? How does it get around in the mud/snow? Comparison on how loud it is VS a traditional SxS?

For what it’s worth I own a Can Am Commander XT 1000. It’s great if you’re looking for more of a “sport” UTV. I do use it for working on the farm but it’s design is clearly not for that. It’s comfortable to drive but not easy to get in and out of (kind of like getting in and out of a sports car). No way to ride 3 comfortably up front unless someone wants to sit on the console. As mentioned you better have your beer in a yeti if it’s in the console. It’s fun if you’re looking to zip around and do “sport” activity, but I’ll be selling it and getting something with more space as my family gets older and starts going to the farm with me. I also own an Arctic Cat 750 TRV. I bought it new in 2006 and it’s been an outstanding machine. The 2nd seat is really comfortable. My folks have two John Deere’s and seem to be very happy with them. I’ll be looking at the Kubota machines for my next UTV since that’s what my tractor dealership sells. Curious if anyone on here has much personal experience with the Kubota machines...haven’t seen much posted about them.

What brand is this rig? How does it get around in the mud/snow? Comparison on how loud it is VS a traditional SxS?

It's a Suzuki, the model pictured is a "Super Carry." I also have a standard cab "Carry." When set up properly, they will go through anything. I just got the Super Carry, and it doesn't have my favorite tire on it, and it doesn't go as good as my other ones. Not sure if it's just the tires, or that it's a little heavier. I would put my Standard cab mini trucks up against about any UTV. I trap in them all winter, and I literally drive them across plowed fields with standing water over them frequently. They are quiet, especially the fuel injected models. You can barely hear it run, it is a street vehicle in Japan, and very similar to driving a Toyota truck. Quiet, dependable. I bought this one from G & R Imports, Jackson, MO.

I have been looking at the Polaris Ranger EV. I bump so many deer doing simple task like watering my trees. I have a Suzuki king quad 750 that I use to pull the worlds loudest utility cart. You can hear both of those things from one end of the property to the other. I like how quiet the EV is. I have a tractor for all the heavy work so this is more of a habitat/ leisure vehicle. It takes a lot of barefoot fruit trees to make up 500 lbs in the back. There are a lot of task on the ATV that I have to pull the cart that I wouldn’t in a side by side.

It's a Suzuki, the model pictured is a "Super Carry." I also have a standard cab "Carry." When set up properly, they will go through anything. I just got the Super Carry, and it doesn't have my favorite tire on it, and it doesn't go as good as my other ones. Not sure if it's just the tires, or that it's a little heavier. I would put my Standard cab mini trucks up against about any UTV. I trap in them all winter, and I literally drive them across plowed fields with standing water over them frequently. They are quiet, especially the fuel injected models. You can barely hear it run, it is a street vehicle in Japan, and very similar to driving a Toyota truck. Quiet, dependable. I bought this one from G & R Imports, Jackson, MO.
Now you got me thinking. Thanks a lot. Something else to research now :)

I have been looking at the Polaris Ranger EV. I bump so many deer doing simple task like watering my trees. I have a Suzuki king quad 750 that I use to pull the worlds loudest utility cart. You can hear both of those things from one end of the property to the other. I like how quiet the EV is. I have a tractor for all the heavy work so this is more of a habitat/ leisure vehicle. It takes a lot of barefoot fruit trees to make up 500 lbs in the back. There are a lot of task on the ATV that I have to pull the cart that I wouldn’t in a side by side.
I have wanted one too, but man the reviews on nearly everything are awful. I’ll probably end up with just lifted golf cart if I do get anything fully electric.

I have a Pioneer 500 (had a foreman atv), been great. Always works and has a real transmission vs belt. While not as big as others, haven't found something it can't do. Also makes it legal to drive on ATV trails since its under the min width requirement. I use a shipping container as my garage at the land right now, but if I could fit it and justify the price difference, I'd go 700 next round for more seating. The 500 covers 99% of my needs though.

OP it sounds like everyone is happy with their machine! I think they're all made pretty good nowdays, and there are always a few lemons. Good luck

Funny, I've got a whisper quiet lifted (battery) golf cart that we use for hunting occasionally. We drive it on the property often. Deer are terrified of it. They spook from long distances and never hand around to let us pass by. On the 800 Crew they hear us coming from a ways off. Most would let us pass by within 40-50 yards and never spook. On the JD tractor I could drive by within bow range.

The lesson I've learned is that they will generally know you are coming no matter what you are driving... familiarity is the key to not spooking them. No joke there have been times my wife wanted to do a mid day bow hunt in an area that was hard to access without spooking deer. I would have her ride with me on the JD 4300 with bush hog in tow. I'd drive by near the stand she was hunting and she'd step off the tractor. I'd drive on past the stand and make a loop just far enough out to give her time to slip up in the stand. She often would see deer before I got out of sight heading back to the house. Not trying to derail the thread but I've found that the approach and even the exit are very important for current and future success from a particular stand site.

IMO louder is better than quieter

Funny, I've got a whisper quiet lifted (battery) golf cart that we use for hunting occasionally. We drive it on the property often. Deer are terrified of it. They spook from long distances and never hand around to let us pass by. On the 800 Crew they hear us coming from a ways off. Most would let us pass by within 40-50 yards and never spook. On the JD tractor I could drive by within bow range.

The lesson I've learned is that they will generally know you are coming no matter what you are driving... familiarity is the key to not spooking them. No joke there have been times my wife wanted to do a mid day bow hunt in an area that was hard to access without spooking deer. I would have her ride with me on the JD 4300 with bush hog in tow. I'd drive by near the stand she was hunting and she'd step off the tractor. I'd drive on past the stand and make a loop just far enough out to give her time to slip up in the stand. She often would see deer before I got out of sight heading back to the house. Not trying to derail the thread but I've found that the approach and even the exit are very important for current and future success from a particular stand site.

I think it is all about what they get used to. In my ranger, i drive up to within 20 ft of my wife’s stand and drop her off. My stand is a little over a 1/4 away. She has shot the biggest buck in the woods before I drove to my stand. We ride around he property at least three or four times a week. We hunt on it year round. We even hunt with a tree dog for squirrel and coons. I have, by far, the highest deer density on my property of anyone in the local area. It is all about what deer get used to. I have fence my garden sixty yards from my front door and barking dogs to keep the deer out.

Now, for hogs, an electric vehicle would be nice. The hogs in my area make deer seem about as elusive as a squirrel.

I get what some of you are saying but that quad is loud especially when you get on it. I mow my front yard and sometimes have deer within 35 yards. My tractor doesn’t bother them they will jog back into the woods and watch and wait for me to leave. I have walked by deer often with them just 15 yards inside the brush. Most times as long as I don’t stop or stare at them they don’t flee and if they do it’s not real far. I live in the middle of my property so they are used to some intrusion. But I do like the ideal of not alerting deer bedded a few hundred yards while checking on my trees in the destination field. I visit it almost daily and depending on time of day I walk to the field edge to find deer in the field already. Plus I am trying to justify a new toy.