Tractor purchase choices choices

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
I sold my 45hp kioti tractor. Looking to upgrade in size an hp an hydro is a must
BC4C4EA9-E95B-4D83-93A4-6B0C688829BC.jpeg

Last edited:
A good friend of mine runs an LS. Loves it, no issues for the 3 or 4 years he's owned it. He went with it for the same reasons you mentioned. He has a fel and back hoe for it.

A good friend of mine runs an LS. Loves it, no issues for the 3 or 4 years he's owned it. He went with it for the same reasons you mentioned. He has a fel and back hoe for it.
Thanks for the feedback Sir

LS series Kubota?

My brother has an LS39 that I use. It's about perfect for the size and locations of plots that I put in. Front assist is almost a must on our property and it sure helps when using the FEL.

LS series Kubota?

My brother has an LS39 that I use. It's about perfect for the size and locations of plots that I put in. Front assist is almost a must on our property and it sure helps when using the FEL.
Na LS tractor brand

Well just went to the Kubota an LS dealer. Kabota mx5200 looked real nice. LS xr4155 reminded me of one of those Chinese ATV’s with the flimsy chrome grill. Gonna pass on the LS. On to the Deere dealer. Already know how this is gonna go$$$$
So far been most impressed with the Kioti nx6010 and the Kubota

I own the MX5200 and have for the last two years, I use it for everything it’s a little lightweight for some things but more than enough to handle the job. I have 210 hours on it with multiple regens and not one issue. Great tractor, I would recommend it. I looked at comparisons like JD, LS and New Holland, but Kubota was best fit for my needs and for the money.
8d7695e5ec8a26897600b4e57c5c818c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choices choices
All great tractors Deere an kabota have such awesome financing. Kioti is best over all as far as specs go. I’d go as far to say it’s beat ergonomically as well. Solid tractor
2BD77DCF-A7C2-4DE7-BB7C-E3501123B790.jpeg

Do you have equal ease of access to all service centers?

Do you have equal ease of access to all service centers?
All within 45 min from me
Massey an Deere dealer are closest at about 30min

How many hours are on these different tractors?

The 4052m is cheaper brand new than what they are getting for used? Something seems off with that one. Or it's just a really good deal?

Last edited:
Rear remotes are a very nice option to have. All depends on Your preferences.

So...my opinion is that I think when it all boils down the 4 are about the same....so unless something stands out to you as being critical or a difference maker (I see maybe the weight and lift capacity as maybe being that - where the Kioti has the advantage) I say you get which ever you like best. Around here I would stick to Deere or Kubota as I have more service options if I have an issue. In some cases I have multiple options within those brands. Last thing you want is to be forced to deal with the only dealer in your reasonable area.

Green would probably have best resale value, from what I've seen. The Kioti is a lot of tractor, though

So...my opinion is that I think when it all boils down the 4 are about the same....so unless something stands out to you as being critical or a difference maker (I see maybe the weight and lift capacity as maybe being that - where the Kioti has the advantage) I say you get which ever you like best. Around here I would stick to Deere or Kubota as I have more service options if I have an issue. In some cases I have multiple options within those brands. Last thing you want is to be forced to deal with the only dealer in your reasonable area.
Get this J. Kioti is actually making the 6 series tractors for JD in the near future. They also make bobcat brand tractors. Company seems to be gaining steam. Lots of Deere an kabota dealers around here too J. The Kioti has about every option you could ever ask for in a tractor. Plus it is a bit bigger chassis. Some pretty cool features like pedal link where it makes it kinda like a car. The further you push the gas the more throttle it gives it. Crazy how much Deere an kabota want for add ons. For example when I added a rear remote to my last Kioti they charged $350. Deere is over 1k. I worry any time I had any work done at the dealer I’d be getting bent over. Good tractors though. No doubt about it. I wish they guy that sells Massey’s sold kabota or Kioti. I’d buy from him in a heart beat. Can just tell he is a stand up guy.

Last edited:
I have shared opinions before on this topic before. I went with a Kubota MX5800 over John Deere. Initial preference John Deere as the JD was 10 miles away and Kubota was 35. I waited for over 3 months for a quote from the JD dealer and never received a quote. Learned that if you were not a large commercial farmer, hard to move up on the priority list.

The other thing that swayed my opinion was that I travel all over the US for business. I see lots of large JD tractors on large farms doing straight line field work; however, I consistently see far more Kubotas being used by state and local Gov'ts for brush cutting, dirt work with backhoes, front loader work, etc. This suggested to me great maneuverability on uneven terrain with implements and good reliability for every day use.

Whoever you choose, check with some neighbors on the local dealer response to rec landowner or smaller farmers, and make sure they they will pick & return for service work if you don't have large enough trailer. I had a grapple added this spring and simply left my tractor in my drive and the Kubota dealer picked it up and returned without me being there.

The 4052m is cheaper brand new than what they are getting for used? Something seems off with that one. Or it's just a really good deal?
Here is my quote with adding rear remote and something else. It’s actually less than 29k bone stockFB7F0222-227F-48B1-B5A8-60F6DA371CB4.jpeg

Last edited: