Tracks for ATV

Get a set of chains if your running the ice here n there. Be about $150 or so for a set of front n back.

Get a set of chains if your running the ice here n there. Be about $150 or so for a set of front n back.
Yep......I still have a set of chains from my Honda Pioneer. It definitely has increased traction......and work good .....untill you get stuck with them. Then you are really stuck.....lol.

Finally got everything installed and bombed around the yard for a while. They work as expected! Not fun like a sled but they will be way better for my intended use.

41346022-6982-4AF3-9A0D-8C44967AC185.jpeg

Finally got everything installed and bombed around the yard for a while. They work as expected! Not fun like a sled but they will be way better for my intended use.

View attachment 48836
The cost still running about 5k? I’d sure like a set but was hoping they’d come down. What about putting them on and taking them off? Something that can be done multiple times a year with ease or just put them on in December and take them off in April/May?

View attachment 48836
Looks pretty cool. Does it float on top of the snow or plow through?

The cost still running about 5k? I’d sure like a set but was hoping they’d come down. What about putting them on and taking them off? Something that can be done multiple times a year with ease or just put them on in December and take them off in April/May?

They have different versions. Mine (camso t4s) were $4500 shipped. There is a little narrower version (r4s) made to work better with smaller displacement atvs that are under $4k.

I would not want to take them on and off more than once a year.

Looks pretty cool. Does it float on top of the snow or plow through?

They stay on top of snow like a snowmobile track does which is to say they’ll compact the snow down a fair bit but seem to not need forward momentum or speed like a snowmobile does to stay up.

(edit: for reference the snow is about 16” deep in the pic I posted)

Last edited:
Looks great Wind Gypsy. You've got my wheels turning now!

A decent floor drain in your garage is a big benefit with these suckers. Lots of snow gets packed in around the machine to melt off.

Got to the land for the first time since late December last Sunday to check things out and pull cameras. At one point i hopped off the atv and sunk up to my nuts in snow. I couldn't get my knee back up to the running board to get back on and had to crawl up the tracks. The tracks worked way better plowing through thick timbered area at slow speeds than any snowmobile i've ridden would have. They are definitely the right tool for the job. Whether or not i ought to be doing any kind of job in that deep of snow is another topic..

Last edited:
Thanks for the update on those tracks WG! We bought the 4s1 tracks for our Ranger and I made the command decision to leave them on the pallet for this year since it took us over 2 months to get to the 25 hr dealer service on the machine.

But I’m going to love being able to get around on our land nice and slow and under control…..without the ski-doo track spinning at 70 mph to stay on top of the powder at 15 mph. We had 15” 4 days ago and calling for 10-18” tonight…….solid 5’ on the ground right now. Past nipple deep if you break through all the crusts.

As far as melting off the tracks, what happens if you don’t? Mine is going to live it’s first winter in an unheated shed. After that in a heated shop or garage. (Both now including bigger floor drains in the plan!)

A less than interesting video video from cell cam by the shack.

As far as melting off the tracks, what happens if you don’t? Mine is going to live it’s first winter in an unheated shed. After that in a heated shop or garage. (Both now including bigger floor drains in the plan!)

I don’t know. I guess if there was a bunch of melt and then freeze it could be hard on things but I store mine in a cold detached garage and worry more about the wet/icy floor than the tracks. I don’t really worry about it.