Tool'n Knife Builds

I want one so bad but I am afraid to ask the cost... can only imagine the hours put in on one. Beautiful work!

You've come a long way Mike. Putting out a very nice product these days. I like the stainless your working with now.....and the sheaths and size knives your showing us. Keep up the great work....but don't over-do it. Neat to see a person make a business out of his passion and talents.
Thanks Tom, I don't consider it a business. It's just a hobby that keeps me busy & I happen to sell a few.

I want one so bad but I am afraid to ask the cost... can only imagine the hours put in on one. Beautiful work!
Yes there are a lot of hours put into one of these. I don't really keep tract of the hours but guess its around 30. I try to keep the cost reasonable as not to price myself out of work. A few say I charge to much but most say it's not enough. My mini hunters with sheath are $110 when made from 1095, stainless would be 130, unless something out of the ordinary is requested with it.

A couple more works of art! They look great!
Thanks Cat, anyone who has some of my first work can see the difference in then and now. Then again I have upgraded a lot of my equipment, which help put out better products. The heat treat oven will be another upgrade.

Thanks Cat, anyone who has some of my first work can see the difference in then and now. Then again I have upgraded a lot of my equipment, which help put out better products. The heat treat oven will be another upgrade.
I'm excited about that new oven for you. It'll be a game changer to be able to work any stock you want.

That's actually quite reasonable,I hope to be contacting you in the near future for a purchase.
Again just beautiful work, and for the record I like your earlier work just as much if not a bit more.

So....do you take trades on "old" knives? Grin.

Wow, I don’t know if that’s practice or just natural rhythm.

I've been very busy and not posted much lately. Dr's order's for today is take it easy. So here are a couple kinve I just finished. One has a stone washed finish with a spalted maple handle. The other has a black birch handle and a red, white & blue lanyard. Both are made from 1095. If I haven't mentioned it I upgraded to a heat treat oven. This will allow me to do stainless blade. Just have to wait for it to get here from Texas. View attachment 57864View attachment 57865
Well these didn't last long at yesterday's sale. They were the first 2 sold. Had a great day, best show ever. 6 from stock sold and 1 custom order. Now I have to get busy.

Of course they sold fast. You do beautiful work, with great quality, and a cheap price. I need to get off my butt and send you some more materials. Haven't had a chainsaw out for a long time though. Someday...

Of course they sold fast. You do beautiful work, with great quality, and a cheap price. I need to get off my butt and send you some more materials. Haven't had a chainsaw out for a long time though. Someday...
My wife says I'm charging to much. I try to keep my prices reasonable. Always looking forward to the Locust.

My wife says I'm charging to much. I try to keep my prices reasonable. Always looking forward to the Locust.
If you don't make some money at this.....then how you going to finance that new kiln and all those toys? Gotta keep it profitable.....and there is nothing wrong with that.

If you don't make some money at this.....then how you going to finance that new kiln and all those toys? Gotta keep it profitable.....and there is nothing wrong with that.
Don't worry I'm making some $$. I wouldn't have been able to upgrade my eq. like I have since I first starts. My first belt sander/grinder was a harbor freight cheap one. My 2x72 is well over 2K. Current gas forge is a couple of fire bricks and up to 3 map gas torches. New kiln 2k.

I’m not a knife maker I have made a couple just to do it but it’s not my hobby for sure. I did score one of the Jet 3x79 belt grinders used a while ago and use it quite a lot when we are welding/fabricating if you ever come across a good deal on one snap it up. I think you will like it for some operations.

I’m not a knife maker I have made a couple just to do it but it’s not my hobby for sure. I did score one of the Jet 3x79 belt grinders used a while ago and use it quite a lot when we are welding/fabricating if you ever come across a good deal on one snap it up. I think you will like it for some operations.
I have a 2x72 Reeder and love it with most of their attachments & an OBM surface grinder that works with the Reeder. Made a world of difference in the amount of time it takes to profile and grind the blade and quality of the bevels. Next thing on my wish list is a laser.

Assuming you want a cnc laser to cut profiles? If so it might be cheaper to get a little cnc mill. Not sure on prices but a mill can probably do more things.

Assuming you want a cnc laser to cut profiles? If so it might be cheaper to get a little cnc mill. Not sure on prices but a mill can probably do more things.
Actually The laser I'm thinking of would be used to etch my logo or designs into the blade, handle or sheath. I would also use it to cut designs from 2 different woods. Take a lightning bolt as example. Cut the bolt from a dark and light wood. Insert the dark bolt into the light handle and vise versa. Do a diamond cut into a handle scale and what ever else I can think of. Most night my mind wander instead of sleeping.