Tool'n Knife Builds

How did the bear guide like his new knife? I bet he was blown away. That is one of my favorites so far!
He was speechless for about 3 minutes sitting at the kitchen table looking at it. He picked it up and turned it in about every direction possible looking at it. . When he started talking about it his voice was cracking when he said he loved it. We sat and visited for about 10-15 minutes and then went out to his shop/garage. We shot the shit out there for another 10-15. When we got home his wife sent me a text and said he really broke down after we left. It really gave me a good feeling that someone loved so much something I made. When I started making knives it was on a whim just to see if I could make one. I never imagined it would grow to what it has. I've learned a lot since I started and I try to make every one better than the last.

About a month ago, I poured this clear epoxy with brass shavings in it. Here's a video of what it's looking like sanded to 400 grit.

I've added a few more to my inventory. 6" overall length, they maybe smaller but feel good in my hand. One has a Hickory handle the other Locust sourced from a friend and forum member in Kansas. Thanks Cat I love the look of the Locust. The Locust also has blue G10 liners. Hickory handle is stone washed blade, both are 1095 and have brass pins.

20230607_101407.jpg20230608_143211.jpg20230608_143253.jpg20230608_143328.jpg

Look great (like always!). I really like these smaller knives. Good work!

Look great (like always!). I really like these smaller knives. Good work!

Agree. These look like knives I’d carry hunting. I like a smaller blade with a good hand filling handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the size I would like with a angled sheath,they look really nice

This past weekend my local village had their festival. Nothing big, bands all 3 days, kids games, parade, of course beer tent, car show, rib cook off & arts and craft vendors. Well I figured what the hell I'll setup and maybe get a sale. I made sales and also a connection. The guy belongs to a group who supports veterans, we talked for a long time. After talking with him I wanted to pay it forward. They have events and donate 100% of the proceeds. This year they are donating to GOTYOURSIXK9s. GY6K9 trains service dog for vets who need them. I am making a knife and donating it to his group to be sold, raffled or auctioned and the proceeds will go towards GY6K9. www.gotyoursixk9s.org/ When I get the knife done I'll post a pic of it.

Wow, very nice tooln!

Looks great.

My wife has another one to add to her collection. SS blade tumbled in ceramic media right after heat-treat and tempering. Handle and base is Locust.

Attachments

• 20230710_091324.jpg
    20230710_091324.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 20
It's been a while since I posted a build but I had to post this one. I finished this ULU today. It has a SS (aeb-l) blade polished to a mirror finish. The handle & stand are Black Walnut that has a burl/knot in it. The grain & pattern is beautiful and the picture doesn't do it justice. It's going to be hard to sell this one as getting another piece of wood like this will be far and few between.

20230803_121847.jpg

One of these days this will make a beautiful handle.
20230824_192551.jpg20230824_192545.jpg

That will be a cool handle.
I'm going to need a knife for the best of the best again this year. I'll get with you on that.

That will be a cool handle.
I'm going to need a knife for the best of the best again this year. I'll get with you on that.
I'd be glad to make another if you'll have me.

I've been very busy and not posted much lately. Dr's order's for today is take it easy. So here are a couple kinve I just finished. One has a stone washed finish with a spalted maple handle. The other has a black birch handle and a red, white & blue lanyard. Both are made from 1095. If I haven't mentioned it I upgraded to a heat treat oven. This will allow me to do stainless blade. Just have to wait for it to get here from Texas. 20230929_153026.jpg20230929_153043.jpg

Beautiful! Take it easy ToolN, listen to those doctors, appreciate your work Brother!

A couple more works of art! They look great!

You've come a long way Mike. Putting out a very nice product these days. I like the stainless your working with now.....and the sheaths and size knives your showing us. Keep up the great work....but don't over-do it. Neat to see a person make a business out of his passion and talents.