Not sure where you are but vetch is about played out in ky. I checked my plot yesterday. It’s getting stemy. One thing I have found with vetch is to mow late in the summer. It’s cleans up the warm season weeds and allows the vetch to have some uncompeted growth. I also spray mine with cleth and 2-4db at least once in the summer but mine is a pure stand of vetch. Not sure how 2-4db will do on alyce clover? It’s a reseeding annual so as long as you don’t nuke it for a fall crop you should get another year out of it. Granted it will help if you clean up the plot in the spring with some herbicide to help it get going with competition.

Yeah I would’ve liked to get down to check on it but never had a chance. No herbicide this fall just mowed it all back. Plan is to put a bunch of rye down and use cleth and imox before the spring planting next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped by my place for some last minute, check cameras, shoot bow, look at food plots. I broadcast rye/wheat a couple weeks ago. I was really disappointed in the germination and growth. We've had plenty of moisture, warm but not too hot days. I was expecting a lot more.

Stopped by my place for some last minute, check cameras, shoot bow, look at food plots. I broadcast rye/wheat a couple weeks ago. I was really disappointed in the germination and growth. We've had plenty of moisture, warm but not too hot days. I was expecting a lot more.
Did you throw and mow or just throw? If I don't do some light discing or mow after broadcasting a lot of my seed gets eaten by birds if the seed is visible. Much better success when the seed is hidden.

Did you throw and mow or just throw? If I don't do some light discing or mow after broadcasting a lot of my seed gets eaten by birds if the seed is visible. Much better success when the seed is hidden.
Just threw. Which typically works fine for me, especially with Rye.