Rustic Red Oak flooring

bwoods11

5 year old buck +
image.jpg Our lake cabin/home will have Amish made hardwood flooring.

This is straight from the mill(no box store) stuff.

Some of this stack of Red Oak logs will be in our house/cabin in March.

Rustic Red Oak. As it proceeds I will show you some pictures.

It was important to me to have some local wood in the house.

I think it will be impressive!

By the way Stu, this is from Long Prairie/Osakis area!

That's gonna look sweet when it's finished, but all the acorns.....:(

Are they going to Kiln dry it?

Are they going to Kiln dry it?

Yes, it will be kiln dried, he has some in the kiln right now. He may even install it, very nice guy. The only draw back is that I would have to give him a ride every day.:)

bwoods11 - that is awesome. Are you intending on staining it or just applying a sealer?

My folks had true hardwood red oak floor put in their main hall and it's awesome. Gotta watch it though when it's been freshly polished and your in socks - it gets pretty slick! As kids we loved it - mom hated the marks and scuffs in the drywall at the end of the hall from us boys!

bwoods11 - that is awesome. Are you intending on staining it or just applying a sealer?

My folks had true hardwood red oak floor put in their main hall and it's awesome. Gotta watch it though when it's been freshly polished and your in socks - it gets pretty slick! As kids we loved it - mom hated the marks and scuffs in the drywall at the end of the hall from us boys!

Sealing I think, my wife is more in charge of that. I just love the looks of it, and it will be a good conversation starter.

Make sure to update us after the fact. Would love to see how that looks!

My buddy put some Red Oak flooring in he bought cheap from the Amish down here in Reading IA. All 2' pieces or less though, not that it matters. Looks great, he said. You should like it!

That's a lot of butt joints in a floor.

image.jpg Update...floor is here. My son and I loaded it and brought it back from Todd County!

That's going to make some nice flooring.

That is going to look beautiful and will indeed be a great conversation starter! Thanks for sharing.

Looking great!

SWEET

Lots of love and pride going into that place - what homes should be made of. :)