Schlabach’s Nursery catalog is out

Apple Junkie

5 year old buck +
If you missed out on some of your favorite apples earlier, all is not lost. Schlabach’s Nursery is probably one of the better family-owned nurseries you have never heard of. Because it is Amish owned, they don’t have a website. They still send out catalogs, and orders are placed by mail and paid for with check or money order. Glancing through it today, I found some varieties I missed out on earlier.

I have purchased from them in the past and been very happy with their trees. At $18 each, I can afford to try some unique varieties, and I can still get varieties like Crimson Crisp Enterprise, Fugi, Grimes Golden, and my all-time favorite Ida Red. Unlike in past years, they have included an insert which tells you what rootstock each variety is grafted to. I pick up my trees at their nursery and it is quite an impressive operation. This year I am squeezing in a Crimson Crisp, Enterprise, and another Ida Red… all close to the cabin, more for our consumption than for our greedy deer population.

If interested, you can request a catalog by calling 800-600-5203. If you have questions, you can leave a voice message and I assume they will call you back (585-798-6198).

Last edited:
If you missed out on some of your favorite apples earlier, all is not lost. Schlabach’s Nursery is probably one of the better family-owned nurseries you have probably never heard of. Because it is Amish owned, they don’t have a website. They still send out catalogs, and orders are placed by mail and paid for with check or money order. Glancing through it today, I found some varieties I missed out on earlier.

I have purchased from them in the past and been very happy with their trees. At $18 each, I can afford to try some unique varieties, and I can still get varieties like Crimson Crisp Enterprise, Fugi, Grimes Golden, and my all-time favorite Ida Red. Unlike in past years, they have included an insert which tells you what rootstock each variety is grafted to. I pick up my trees at their nursery and it is quite an impressive operation. This year I am squeezing in a Crimson Crisp, Enterprise, and another Ida Red… all close to the cabin, more for our consumption than for our greedy deer population.

If interested, you can request a catalog by calling 800-600-5203. If you have questions, you can leave a voice message and I assume they will call you back (585-798-6198).

Rochester NY area? Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk