Repost

Bowman

5 year old buck +
I messed up and posted in general. I have been reading about this seed. Has anyone planted lynx peas?

Must have been to good to be true. Tried to contact seed sources for info, finally contacted Center Seeds in Ohio and got some information. The distributor will no longer sell because of poor germination. Center Seeds has 30,000 pounds in stock but they are not innoculated. They can do it, but the recommendation is to drill only. Supposedly, with tillage, only 20% germination. Onward.

Any reason why such a low germination rate? Seems odd.

I have no idea. But I have received the same info now from 2 sources, 1 local. I thought that maybe he did not want to sell that product and he wanted to sell Windham peas. His source is Byron seeds. I contacted another outfit in Ohio. They did not return my call. So I called again, the fellow I spoke to had no info and wants me to call Monday. I did get that info on low germination directly from Center Seeds. That gentleman said that they had to be drilled. I told him that I do not have a drill. He gave me the 20% germination number and he still has 30,000 pounds. He also said that his supplier will be selling no more of that seed because of the low germination, confirming what my local source has told me. I will be checking some more. If you get any other info, let me (us) know.