Green Cover Summer Pressure Release mix missing

Brokenbear

5 year old buck +
Preparing my final plans and had the Green Cover "Summer Browse Pressure Release" as my main summer plot seed but it does not appear to be in their lineup presently ...
Has anyone bought any this year?
I have emailed them with ?? about it being MIA awaiting an answer ..

Bear

They have replaced it with a new mix called Super Summer Release that won‘t be available until April.

Yes they did answer me today pointing out a new up and coming blend .. The 25# bag is half acre. $90 ..I may have to just go to all clover if these prices keep jumping ???

Yes they did answer me today pointing out a new up and coming blend .. The 25# bag is half acre. $90 ..I may have to just go to all clover if these prices keep jumping ???
You’re right on that. Green cover ain’t cheap. I think they are great for small acreage guys. Or when you first start. After that, copy their seed blend and mix it yourself.

You’re right on that. Green cover ain’t cheap. I think they are great for small acreage guys. Or when you first start. After that, copy their seed blend and mix it yourself.
This. If you have the old seed tag, you can piece a mix together from a few sources that will be cheaper.

I think the $90 is the shipped price. Shipping heavy seed bags has got to be awfully expensive.

GreenCover Super Summer mix: Mini Sunn Hemp, Mung Beans, Fenugreek, Joint Vetch, Cowpeas, Soybeans, Hybrid Grain Sorghum, Rapeseed, Kale, Buckwheat, Cucurbit Blend, Alyce Clover, and GreenBoost Biology Package.
Drill at 47 lbs per acre.
Broadcast at 60 lbs per acre.
Looks like it will be $90 per 47# bag shipped?

I thought I had saved the Summer Pressure Release mix but don't have it.

GreenCover Super Summer mix: Mini Sunn Hemp, Mung Beans, Fenugreek, Joint Vetch, Cowpeas, Soybeans, Hybrid Grain Sorghum, Rapeseed, Kale, Buckwheat, Cucurbit Blend, Alyce Clover, and GreenBoost Biology Package.
Drill at 47 lbs per acre.
Broadcast at 60 lbs per acre.
Looks like it will be $90 per 47# bag shipped?

I thought I had saved the Summer Pressure Release mix but don't have it.
I’ve got a bunch of their old labels. I will try to post. They change it up pretty frequently. They say it is because they are constantly tweaking it for the better, but my guess is it all depends on what crops and seeds are available that year and which ones they make a great profit off of. I think most of the, different types are interchangeable, and it’s really just about the diversity of the mix.

People who plant the Milpa garden blend seem to post reviews about how the deer are in it all summer- maybe why they added the “cucurbit blend”. IDK…. Kinda expensive…. Simple though, whip out the credit card and it shows up on your door step.

Honestly check out albert lea seed company out of Minnesota. If they have a dealer near you shipping is only $5 per 50 pound bag. I bought cc6 6 different seed blends for $49 per 50 pound bag shipped into Zeeland michigan. I don't like seeing your hard earned money being wasted. Albert lea has many different seed options

Honestly check out albert lea seed company out of Minnesota. If they have a dealer near you shipping is only $5 per 50 pound bag. I bought cc6 6 different seed blends for $49 per 50 pound bag shipped into Zeeland michigan. I don't like seeing your hard earned money being wasted. Albert lea has many different seed options
They got some nice looking mixes!

West wind I also bought 50 pounds of buckwheat for $47. Altogether I bought 100 pounds of buckwheat and 200 pounds of cc6 for $300. Green cover is like $125 for 50 pounds. Albert lea has some really cool blends.

I have a couple Albert Lea dealers within an hour of here too. That is a very strong possibility for me. I think I’m planting around 6 acres with the seeder but I have been really busy clearing trees back from the edges so I might even do some broadcasting in those edges where I can’t get the seeder.

I gotta sit down with my notes from last year and Google Earth and get a more solid estimate on how much I need to order.

I plant about 8-10 acres each year so buying a pre-mix blend is too expensive to consider.

A good basic mix you can do on your own and buy through Welters seed is:
- Sun Hemp
- Oats
- Sudan Sorghum grass
- Millet
- Soy beans
- Buckwheat
- Forage turnips (appin or barkant)
- Purple top turnips
- Ladino clover
- Red clover

Unless you have a very long growing season, would not worry about spring & fall planting. I will plant the above in June and then with WR in early September. The clovers & WR will green up in the spring providing good food and fawning cover.

Your clovers, sun hemp, & soy beans will do a good job affixing nitrogen and the others will add lots of OM. Welters Seed Catalog will show rates for mixed blends.

Fanatic thank you so much for turning me onto albert lea seeds. I bought cc6 and buckwheat to try for summer OM building. When your OM is .9 the only way is up. Loll. I can get winter rye this fall from my albert lea dealer.

If you directly to their main location the prices are generally a fair amount cheaper. It’s a good 1.5 hrs for me and they have a dealer 4 miles down the road so that is the way I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk