Record keeping on your hunting?

DNR math says NoFo must have at least .61 sq miles (about 390 acres) since Waupaca county is listed as 66 dpsm. I suspect NoFo has more and it ain't your average dirt....

I've seen some of the does that comes from NoFo property. They are HUGE.

I wouldn't know what to do if I saw 40 deer in an entire deer season - much less kill that many!

However that is sort of the point to my question - do we really know how much time we spend on stand and how many deer we see? I'm not saying everyone else does it, but I bet if I count my hours on stand and the number of deer seen that both are higher than I would actually guess it to be.

I keep a hand written little journal of where I was and what I saw and rough temperature. I typically do a survey for the state during bow season that has all animals seen (squirels, coons, turkeys, etc.) county hunted and hours hunted.

I keep a hand written little journal of where I was and what I saw and rough temperature. I typically do a survey for the state during bow season that has all animals seen (squirels, coons, turkeys, etc.) county hunted and hours hunted.
I do the survey for our DNR also, bow and gun season. Hours hunted, weather conditions 1-10, deer seen, other animals seen. I've seen the results of these surveys discussed and used in the recent CDAC meetings when determining how many doe tags to issue. I don't keep copies of the surveys for myself because I don't like seeing all the ZEROS in the columns except for the hours hunted and weather conditions.

I've been using Scoutlook's deer log program on my smart phone. I log them in as I see them and download the data onto a spreadsheet at the end of the season.

3 squirrels, 5 bluejays, a chipmunk, to many crows to count, a few geese, on a few sits, a deer is seen 100 yards away.

I used to keep track of everything...not anymore
Same here and also for fishing trips.

It was no longer fun, so I quit.

I do not record or track anything.