Northern WI Bear Hunt - Guide / Outfitter

gwm

5 year old buck +
Anyone have a recommendation for an outfitter in Northern WI for a bear hunt? I will be wanting Zone D or Zone A. There will be two of us going and we have 7 and 6 points right now. We're back and forth on applying for a license to hunt next year or just getting another point and going the year after, but either way, I'm going to need an outfitter when we do decide to go.

Terrific Tom knows a guide up there

Anyone have a recommendation for an outfitter in Northern WI for a bear hunt? I will be wanting Zone D or Zone A. There will be two of us going and we have 7 and 6 points right now. We're back and forth on applying for a license to hunt next year or just getting another point and going the year after, but either way, I'm going to need an outfitter when we do decide to go.

Big Bear Guide Service out of Iron River, WI
I have helped for the last 6 years. Hunted with him before that. Last year we got 94 bear out of 102 hunters. You both have enough points to draw kill tags. PM me if you want to know more.

This is one of the big ones that is still alive.Resized_MFDC0394.jpeg

Another one still living20160830_154900.jpg

Thanks Tom! I appreciate it. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to PM you.

What would be a general estimate on price?????

It was 1200 dollars last several years.

Depends if you want to sit over bait or use dogs.. rotates who goes first each year. Something to keep in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends if you want to sit over bait or use dogs.. rotates who goes first each year. Something to keep in mind.

Up where I help we have found that it really doesn't matter which goes 1st. Success rate is about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who goes first next year?

Dogs go 1st on odd years, baiters go 1st on even years.

To each there own.. the place that we have bear hunted in the past is a giant chunk of FCL open land NW wi, dog hunters in every direction that run it too. If you want a big one still patterned in daylight you better kill him the first few days of season or you wont get him. Plus if i am waiting 8 years to get a tag i want to have the fist shot...