New To Habitat Work, Ask Your Questions Here!......Sticky!

I have wondered what a bicycle would do for access issues. Little ground scent??? Noise or just moving fast for wind blown scent??????

Deer would figure it out with time.

Guys in Mn have to worry about access. One wrong move and they may never see a decent deer all season. Because there may only be one deer.

In other parts of the country, it is not as much of a problem. If you don't have good access, You can still walk in and blow deer out, 1/2 hr later and 10 more different deer move in.

Last year out of about 40 hunters in our surrounding area I only heard of 3 decent bucks shot. One was at 6:30 opening morning of firearms to the west of us 200 yards and one was 6:45 in the morning 300 yards south. With the wind we effectively pushed out two bucks and never had a chance. Extremely disappointing.

^^^take some powerful legs to drag a deer out behind a bicycle :D
Do you intend to kill something??

Last year out of about 40 hunters in our surrounding area I only heard of 3 decent bucks shot. One was at 6:30 opening morning of firearms to the west of us 200 yards and one was 6:45 in the morning 300 yards south. With the wind we effectively pushed out two bucks and never had a chance. Extremely disappointing.

Yep, on my small property the priorities are wind, wind, wind and then everything else. This year I am putting two stands very close to camp just for this reason so when the urge to do the opposite of what we should do comes up we have an easy option to not screw up.

Guys in Mn have to worry about access. One wrong move and they may never see a decent deer all season. Because there may only be one deer.

In other parts of the country, it is not as much of a problem. If you don't have good access, You can still walk in and blow deer out, 1/2 hr later and 10 more different deer move in.

Wish the deer in my area were more forgiving. They walk around on pins an needles all the time. They so much as smell your boot track they will run for a mile before they even look back!!!

Wish the deer in my area were more forgiving. They walk around on pins an needles all the time. They so much as smell your boot track they will run for a mile before they even look back!!!

Get the hinge cutting going. They feel comfortable walking around eating. Should help them feel more at ease with a full belly!;)

Sooner or later. This will be deer season #4 for me in MN. Its getting really old passing on 2.5's and have them disappear the next year. Some year I'd like to find out if MN venison is as good as WI venison.
I could guide you. All I need to do is find you a stack of books and you MIGHT get a deer within the next four years.

Yep, on my small property the priorities are wind, wind, wind and then everything else. This year I am putting two stands very close to camp just for this reason so when the urge to do the opposite of what we should do comes up we have an easy option to not screw up.
Greed gets the best of all of us at times.

Geez that sounds like MN. Hunters everywhere. Deer scramble in the morning, several get shot, then they hunker down for their life. Only to get shot later in winter while going to feed in the one corn field left for deer...by a muzzleloader!

I have wondered what a bicycle would do for access issues. Little ground scent??? Noise or just moving fast for wind blown scent??????

Deer would figure it out with time.

We use to bike in a couple miles to bear hunt. It was deadly. When got ones who were not too big we would put their paws in baskets on the front and back of bike and walk them out. Worked surprisingly good