My Late Hanger

greyphase

5 year old buck +
Took some pics of my late hanging wild apple tree today.
1-27-15008_zpsb8fbd1f8.jpg

Every apple wore a "snow cap".
1-27-15009_zps3078a88b.jpg

Somewhere nearby there's a "tipsy" bird. I took a taste of one of these apples the other day and they are well fermented:D
1-27-15010_zps9724b3fb.jpg

Grafted a couple of scions of this tree on Antonovka rootstock last year and plan on grafting a few to B118 this spring.

Nice greyphase, everyone needs about 20 mature trees like that!

Stu and I just finished looking at some of the late hangers on my place.

It makes me wonder why I order scion....

Grey - Do those apples drop a few at a time or more like all at the same time? Great pix of tree & close-ups.

Aren't u gonna give her some good shakes? The deer are hungry. I wonder how nutritious those broken down apples are anyway?

Grey - Do those apples drop a few at a time or more like all at the same time? Great pix of tree & close-ups.

Bows
This tree is in the horse pasture and the way the old mare keeps the ground and now snow churned up I'd say that they drop a few at a time. Hardly ever find one on the ground and none hanging within her reach so they must taste good.

Wow that is a serious late hanger, lots of apples left on that thing. Yes I could imagine given the difficult nature of walking in the snow and then adding on top of that alcoholic apples, somewhere the deer are smiling cuz they can't get up.

Heck of a nice tree!!