If ya can't grow wheat...

Catscratch

5 year old buck +
If you can't grow wheat then your doing something wrong! This may explain why throw n mow works so well for me. Just pick plants that can't fail. :)
f8a8d0e45920e4bdd002742f39634d7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yep.......rye and oats aren't much different around here either. Those 3 are what keep me looking like a half decent plotter.

Catscratch, did you do a soil test on your pickup before planting?

Lol. No soil test or amendments at all. I just have naturally good bed. Thankfully it isn't full of sand! :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I feel the same about buckwheat, One year i had a rip in my 4 wheeler seat and had buckwheat growing up out of the foam, and in my skid plates.

I had almost complete plot failure this year on my new plots. They only thing growing is WR. I just spread oats and wheat to thicken it up. Even I can't fail with those.

I had rye grow in the bed of my pickup truck I. Sme wood mulch once. I swear it will germinate on a damp sidewalk! But yes to your point cereal grains are typically easily grown if you want fall/winter food for deer. It doesn't take much and tends to grow quickly. Only issue I have with the is its height and tough stems in the following spring can mak using rotary equipment a struggle if it is t killed with a berbicide first. Wheat in my are grows to only half the height of rye.