Ice out updates in MN

Brush Creek

5 year old buck +
Shout them out for me if you will. Right now interested in the Alexandria area through Ottertail to Detroit Lakes.
Also running up 35 but like to hear them from all over the state.

Mississippi River in Houston Co is ice free including all backwater areas.;)

Going out on Gull Lake by Brainerd.....as I write this. Almost out at Round and out at North Long today. Piling up on my shoreline now with the high winds. :eek:o_O

Pelican Lake Near Brainerd goes out between the 10-20th of April most years. Brainerd is probably 30+ miles north of Alex. so depending on temps/wind I would think the ice could come off by mid April. Detroil lakes I would think closer to the 20th.

East Battle average is April 20

Keep on blowing!!! Gusts are 40+ again today.... Feel bad for people on easter shorelines though. Gonna be messy for many.

I fished Leech on Monday and Tuesday. Had about 2 ft of ice on the main lake yet. The fished a smaller lake south of Longville and only about 6-8 inches left.

Got int a nice mess of tullibee on Monday and Tuesday. End up bring 18 home for the smoker and I am gonna try to pickle 5 of them. Had about a 3 lb average. Got into some nice perch too.

Attachments

• unnamed (11).jpg
    unnamed (11).jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (14).jpg
    unnamed (14).jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (15).jpg
    unnamed (15).jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 19
Still lots of ice on Lower South Long (SE of Brainerd), but there's several acres open and that's going to expand quick with the wind.

The environmental lake in the back yard and the one down the road are still covered with ice except for the north shore.

That's what is odd this year. Seems the big lakes are going out here.....but the environmental lakes have ice. Strange.

27 degrees right now - anything not big enough to stay moving is turning back to ice.

As of the afternoon of 4/2/2015 Lake Minnetonka still had ice on it, should be clear sometime on 4/3 or 4/4. A month earlier then the record late ice-out of 2 years ago, and about 12 days ahead of average.

Going through that area in a couple hours will report as soon as I can

Sure glad we got back to Minnesota to experience a little "Spring" (?). Temps in the teens this morning. :eek: April is such a variable.

I have ice in my freezer!

My shiitake mushrooms are sprouting and I'll be mowing my yard next week. :p

Some lakes you can access good some you need boards all depends on which side the access is on.

With the high winds the other day.....and ice-out on neighboring lakes.....I though the ice would go out on our lake too. It was breaking up on shore and the ice on the lee side is out.....but there must still be a foot of ice in front of our place now. The cold weather change stopped everything. Strange year. A few fishing boats were out on North Long Lake yesterday.

People ice fishing on battle lake last night....

The DNR announced this morning that Lake Minnetonka Ice is officially out. The ice went out 9 days earlier than average and 19 days earlier than last year.

Lake levels are down as we are in a mild drought. Hopefully we get some rain this spring.

It snowed a couple of inches overnight. :eek: :( I'm going back to AZ in the morning. :)

Good. We need the moisture. :p

Maybe once you leave we'll get back in the 70's. :mad: lol Safe travels bud! :D

It snowed a couple of inches overnight. :eek: :( I'm going back to AZ in the morning. :)
Bring the cooler weather with you foggy! We can use it in AZ.