Hunting / recreation and timberland values in your location?

Defiantly wolves could be swamp ground idk didn’t look closely at it and it is relatively close to the Indian reservation which brings its own set of challenges. It’s not a property I was looking at with any seriousness if I buy any more land up there it would need to be on a paved road for a small summer cabin my wife and I could spend part of the summer up there after retirement.

Looks to have been clear cut from photos I can see

154 acres and they only took 6 pictures that look to have all been taken from the same spot. If it was in my area, I'd for sure go look at it. It could be that the rest isn't worth seeing or it could be a terrible realtor.

That N WI parcel appears to be inside the res boundary. There is a little topo so I wonder if it hasn’t been logged or if it’s too swampy for much timber growth.

My parents parcel in N MN will likely get appraised or sold soon as well so should have another data point on what that value has done since ‘18 when they bought.

In NW Minnesota I bought a farm for $300 an acre back in early 2000s and then another for $650 an acre. Both had decent CRP payments and good hunting . It was a 4 hour drive, but really helped me start in the land ownership gig…
You can still find land up that way for $1000/acre. Some of it is not too bad either .

Counties such as Kittson, Marshall & Roseau had some real deals back the day .IMG_0045.jpegIMG_1401.jpegIMG_1783.jpeg

Last edited: