Hunters

Greta&Gus

5 year old buck +
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

I am spending some time organizing my trail camera pictures. I have 5 pictures of other hunters in the woods doing their thing. I think these are super cool even though you hate seeing them take down deer. On a side note I heard that a neighbor east of us killed 9 coyotes this winter. There is no shortage of them out there.

All really cool pics other than loosing your deer. That last one looks like a pretty good sized yote.

Looks like the other hunters arent doing so well the last few years like us hunters.... No pics since 2011 of the hunters with a meal in their mouths.

Those are all very neat pictures.

Thanks for p[osting.

When I used to run my camera, the pictures of other animals and picts of fawns were what I looked forward to the most.

If there are lots of coyotes around, there probably is not a resident wolf problem. I am in a similar area. Occasional wolves, but the cattleman do not liek to see them around....

I have to add that grey fox always bring a smile to my face. They are a beautiful animal. Do you have any fishers in your area?

I get a few pics of fishers every year but almost always in the winter. Usually on the deer carcasses. I get both red and Grey foxes at times and a weasel every once and a while. We had two wolves come through last September, our bear hunter even saw one on stand, but the frequency of then has gone way down. They are not far away though. I love all of the unique pics you can get with trail cams. I also love fight scenes. I have 40 pics of two bucks going at it over 2 hours, super cool.

Nice pics! Is that a Bobcat with a fawns head?

That second pic looks Like a wolf to me. Short tail, long legs

Looks like wolf to me too. When I zoom, head is wide with quite a bit of distance between the ears. Too much to be a yote IMO.

You guys are right, it is a wolf. A few hours before this photo was taken two wolves were making their way up the draw. I am not quite sure what he has in his mouth though. Is it part of a deer or smaller varmint type animal?

The bobcat does have a fawn in it's mouth. Still the coolest trail camera picture I have ever napped.

Wow those are some interesting pictures. Pretty nice that you captured them but it would definitely frustrate me at the same time.

My mistake, I missed one of my 'hunter' photos. Count that as #6.

CDY_0011-1.jpg

I would really like to get a pic of a bear with something in it's mouth. Maybe this spring if I am lucky as long as it's not a fawn.