Howa mini action Grendel

TxA&Mhunter

5 year old buck +
I got this for my son (10yo) for Christmas.
Gun specs
22 inch #2 barrel
Stock trigger (seems very smooth so far)
Vortex diamondback 4-12 (scope off old ar build)
We got around to sighting in.
Did bore sight at 10 yards.
1 shot at 25, then 1 shot at 50. Adjusted after each shot.
Then this my sons first 4 shots at 100.
We will adjust so it's 1 inch high at 100 so it's zeroed at 150.
IMG_8576.JPG

This thing is a sweet shooter.

The only thing I do not care for about he rifle is.
Plastic housing (there is after market metal replacement I'll get)

Im Curious how to run differby ammo though it and see how well it proforms out to 300 or 400.

Any one else have experience with it?

Maybe I missed it, but what caliber is it?

6.5 Grendel

Awesome! Love howas and learning to love 6.5 gren. What round you shooting? I am getting ready to do a ladder accuracy node test with bullets from 95gr to 123gr in my resent 6.5 build. Secretly hoping it likes the 123sst's.

Yeah I got becaue I have a jp enterprises 6.5 set up for longer range and figured him having same cal saves me on reloading lol.

Honesty i haven't heard of a 6.5 gren that Doesn't like the sst's !
He was shooting the 123g black's.
Ideally once I have my progressive ...I envision him using 100g ballistic tips nosler wth 8208, for deer. Curious to see thebload developments..

I like my Howa so far (mines a 1500 gamekeeper package in 308). I went 308 because of all the different factory loads available (as I don't re-load).

I like the idea of a bolt-action Grendel for my girls in a few years. But I don't the magazines hanging down so far.

I like the idea of a bolt-action Grendel for my girls in a few years. But I don't the magazines hanging down so far.
If you don't mind me asking. What don't you like about it?

I look at it as a trade off..
Most youth hunters have the most issue with the ballance point of rifles. The shorter action pulls ballance more toward an the center of the action

Also the recoil on normal (not reduced recoil) loads is nearly identical to 223.