How do you handle hunting your unpressured land for the first time?

Hunt the good spots where you can get in and out w/o deer busting you. Only check cams as you pass them going in and out, or making noise mid day on food sources.

Remember the deers trust factor is cumulative. They remember where it is safe year to year. Give them some safe spots to remember.

go with your knowledge of the place and what your gut tells you! You will otherwise talk yourself in circles. It's hunting - we use the info we have and the knowledge and skills at our disposal and do the best we can. It isn't perfect - it never is. What-if.....just leads to doubt and distraction. Go with what you know and what your gut tells you and you will be fine.

I don't use trailcams and I don't scout heavily before the season. I use my post season scouting notes and my years of hunting the property and thewind direction to point me to the right stand. If it comes down toa choice - follow your gut! Think - Long = think - wrong!

Exactly what I do, but I am not any expert on big bucks. We just struggle to see a deer.

All said, for hunting bucks this time of year, pick a funnel between bedding areas or between feeding areas and the wind has to be right. Sit tight all day and be happy. Be observant of what you hear in surrounding areas as far as rattling or running deer. Don 't leave the spot unless the wind switches. Perhaps check the weather sites before daylight to have a plan for wind switches.

If the deer are not bedding on your land, you need a funnel for when they move.

don't have a funnel? Sit in your stand and plan how to make one for next fall.