Help with ladder stand purchase

Bluecollaroutdoors

5 year old buck +
I have a unique setup in a cluster of trees that has proven to be one my top 2 stands on the property in the 1.5 seasons I have had a stand set up there. Took me 10 years to figure it out, shame on me :) The issue with the setup is the tree is crooked enough that I cant get the hang on stand level and it has an awful tendency to creek....especially in very cold conditions. I don't even hunt it until the rut so that is not a good combo.

The spot is too good to move but it has alerted a few deer already with the noise it makes. The concealment is awesome if I can eliminate the noise.

I am looking for a recommendation on a ladder stand with a full platform and flip up seat that is 18 foot minimum to the platform. I might need 20 feet due to a split tree I need to get up and over to get hooked up to the tree behind it.

Long winded I know.....anyone got an extra tall ladder stand they really like?

Looks good. Getting hard to find. Out of stock or discontinued so far everywhere I look.

Here is what we use Family Traditions. The only problem is that they are so comfy you can almost sleep in them. Rock solid and American made !! Not cheap but damn good.
http://www.familytraditiontreestands.com/

Be patient. They go on sale for $155 with free shipping frequently.

I will keep my eyes open that seems like a good price in comparision to some other kinda flimsy one I had been looking at. Looks like a heavy s.o.b. but it's worth all the messing around to make the spot bulletproof.

Here is what we use Family Traditions. The only problem is that they are so comfy you can almost sleep in them. Rock solid and American made !! Not cheap but damn good.

I am also looking to put up 3 or 4 ladder stands this year. I love the fact that these are made in the USA. One feature I look for in a stand is a nice generous platform that extends all the way back to the tree. These platforms look too dainty for my big feet.

I am also looking to put up 3 or 4 ladder stands this year. I love the fact that these are made in the USA. One feature I look for in a stand is a nice generous platform that extends all the way back to the tree. These platforms look too dainty for my big feet.
They fit my size 14 and they are endorsed by T Bone on the Bone Collector. I think he is about 6' and 400 lbs. LOL

They fit my size 14 and they are endorsed by T Bone on the Bone Collector. I think he is about 6' and 400 lbs. LOL

Thanks! That's good feedback. Maybe I'll see if I can check them out at an outfitter somewhere. I still do prefer platforms that extend all the way back to the tree.

Looks like a stand I have been looking for a long time. Only one dealer in WI?

Looks good. Getting hard to find. Out of stock or discontinued so far everywhere I look.
That big game legacy actually looks like a nice stand, my in laws buy all big game stand cause they are cheap. I have hunted out of them and personally think they are the worst,cheapest, flimsiest stand I have ever been in. They also bought us a 2 person big game for Christmas last year. I wasn't going to complain about a free treestand, but what a piece of crap. I wish I would of taking it back nobody will even sit in it. I have been happy with the rivers edge ladders we have. I'm going to check into those family traditions they look nice.

I have a big game areomag hang on. Its the cats pajamas. Large platform, silent, seat is a lounge chair and it has a reciever so you can take it down in 2 minutes for the winter.

I have a big game areomag hang on. Its the cats pajamas. Large platform, silent, seat is a lounge chair and it has a reciever so you can take it down in 2 minutes for the winter.
Are you looking for a big game 2 man pro? It 's the cats pain in the a$$. I'll sell you it cheap,never sat in. Its flimsy climbing in,uncomfortable,has cheap straps for stabilizers, ladder has to be put straight up and down to even get it to sit right in tree.

Looks like a stand I have been looking for a long time. Only one dealer in WI?
Call Jack at the plant and see what he can do for you. When they had the Mathews show in the Dells he would just drop them off on the way thru.

I've heard good reviews about the Rivers Edge 21' Uppercut stand.

Nwm that stand looks ok but what the $$$$. Anything I have ever seen in the menards treestand section was pretty cheap/junk.

Keep in mind the original goal was a taller ladder stand. Some of these stands are borderline false advertised as 20 feet and thats just the height to the railing up top. Your standard 75$ ladder from fleet is truly only 13.5 feet to the foot platform and 15 feet to your seat. I think I need 18 to the foot platform to physically reach where I need to get over the first set of trees.

Replacing original bolts and nuts with stainless ones is the ticket. No rust and easily removed for taking stand out.

Keep in mind the original goal was a taller ladder stand. Some of these stands are borderline false advertised as 20 feet and thats just the height to the railing up top. Your standard 75$ ladder from fleet is truly only 13.5 feet to the foot platform and 15 feet to your seat. I think I need 18 to the foot platform to physically reach where I need to get over the first set of trees.
If you find a stand you like but the height is short you can usually purchase an additional ladder section or maybe even get lucky enough to find someone nearby with one for trade/sale/giveaway. I have a couple stands where I only use two of the three ladder sections because getting too high puts my line of sight right into the tops of the scrubby oak/jack pine forest.