Blocking travel trails?

wisconsinteacher

5 year old buck +
I did some scouting this weekend and found a trail that parallels a travel corridor that I have a stand on. The problem is that the natural trail is in a bad spot for a stand and is in the clear-cut so there are no big trees to drop on it for blocking. What works best to block trails in 15 year old popular that is 2-4" in diameter? Do I drop smaller tress and then try to connect it to my man made corridor?

Important to remember that deer pick travels paths/corridors based on what they are comfortable with. Bucks especially relate to stem count and density. They tend to pick travel paths paths through any environment where the cover is thickest. When bucks are looking for hot does, they tend to walk downwind from an active trail used by does.

Rather than altering the travel path, why not put up a ground blind? You could also elevate the ground blind.

If you make the trail a tangled mess of 2-4" poplar, they won't use it. Likely they will go around at their convenience at which point you could angle them to your travel corridor. Think about placing a mock scrape in your travel corridor that they would be willing to go out of their way to hit, may help persuade them onto your corridor.

Sounds like you need to buy a tripod stand.

If existing stand is close enough, cut two or three shooting lanes in.

Knowing they travel that might be more worthwhile tham disturbing it.

Thinking of cutting in a trail so deer can walk along a stream jnstead of a open field.

Maybe i waste money, but i have used fertilizer to make spots bushier. Tossing it in hedgerows.